Golf pride tour velvet super tack

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I put these on my irons yesterday. They are slightly different to the normal tour velvet. They are a bit shines in appearance. These have 2 different patterns, the top is a lattice and the middle to bottom is the standard tour velvet pattern. Initially I thought these were just a bit sticky and not that pleasant to the touch. However with a glove and playing today they came into their own. My hands feel fine the callasuses at the base of my index fingers are fine. My forearms are loose and I felt my swing had that extra energy that comes from relaxed forearms.
I would seriously recommend trying these out they are pretty impressive grips.

V

vkurup

Question is how do the tacky ones behave in the rain??

On a different note, I just put ala kin i6 3gen... Somewhat similar in design, lattice on top et al... I am liking it, bug have only been out with it a couple of times... Hopefully they will behave in the 'summer'

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not dead tacky
I guess that's 'Geordie'-speak for 'extremely tacky' (yeah I know that's Tyneside!).

Not keen on super tacky and really prefer a half-cord. Had an incident with a (fake?) Multi-compound in the damp once (on Dundonald 16th) which settled me on cord, but full cord is too rough for me.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I guess that's 'Geordie'-speak for 'extremely tacky' (yeah I know that's Tyneside!).

Not keen on super tacky and really prefer a half-cord. Had an incident with a (fake?) Multi-compound in the damp once (on Dundonald 16th) which settled me on cord, but full cord is too rough for me.

Depends on the manufacturer when it comes to cord grips.

Lamkin are fantastic, and very abrasive. Golf Pride have slipped a little of late

I currently have their (very) old tour wrap full cords on all my clubs and they are awesome. Brutally harsh :D

I've recently brought some Tour Velevet full cords (12 of) and I have to say they aren't great.

They haven't been installed yet but when they are they have a piece of 60 grit sand paper rubbed on them to bring the cord out a little more.

Ping full cords are pretty good but expensive. If you want the grip of cord, without the harshness, get the GP tour velvet full cords.

Stay away from GP Z cords. They are harsh and expensive.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

I could have said "not too claggy" but that would have confused people.