Golf Pants

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I usually just wear a pair of plain styled black briefs to play golf in sometimes white if I am playing in see through white trousers.
Am I missing out on something by not wearing proper sports pants or are they just a load of bollocks?????

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Proper 'pants' (not American definition) will ensure you hit long straight ones on key holes, I tried ill fitting boxers once and couldn't hit a single fairway.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I believe that with white trousers you should be wearing flesh coloured pants, as white will also show.

And in your case, water proof ones.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think you're all missing a trick here. I go out "commando" style in cargo shorts and no socks. Works wonders and see's me never slice the ball and havent missed a fairway yet in this getup.

Really helps with the putting too, as the faint breeze up the shorts sorts the line up out perfectly.

It's the future I'm telling you.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doubtless speeds up play as well owing to the fact that no-one dares play with you in case of what they might see by accident

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am happy to admit I only play golf in proper fitting sports underwear. Both pants and socks!

I like the feeling of the additional support when exercising.