Golf Monthly Magazine Subscription

Steve In Spain

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is where I envy you blokes in Blighty. You can get a 12 month subscription for £35...know what they want to send it here to Spain for 12 months? 83.20€...over DOUBLE the price....6.53€ an issue as opposed to your £2.74.

Now, I am sure it isn't THAT expensive to send a magazine in the mail to Spain, strangely enough, it is CHEAPER to have it shipped to Singapore or Australia than it is to here!

There has to be some logical explanation, but it ain't coming to me right at the moment!

I do subscribe to the digital one though, but it ain't the same is it? I prefer to be able to pick up the mag and read it outside in the sunshine!!

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
It the same over here stupid money for a subscription compared to buying it in tesco, it is cheaper to subscribe if living in America than Ireland :confused:

Steve In Spain

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To actually buy it over here is 7.50€. It would be cheaper for me to send it to my sisters house in Bridlington, get her to stick on an address label and mail it here...I'm sure of that and in fact will check it out!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is where I envy you blokes in Blighty. You can get a 12 month subscription for £35...know what they want to send it here to Spain for 12 months? 83.20€...over DOUBLE the price....6.53€ an issue as opposed to your £2.74.

Now, I am sure it isn't THAT expensive to send a magazine in the mail to Spain, strangely enough, it is CHEAPER to have it shipped to Singapore or Australia than it is to here!

There has to be some logical explanation, but it ain't coming to me right at the moment!

I do subscribe to the digital one though, but it ain't the same is it? I prefer to be able to pick up the mag and read it outside in the sunshine!!
How much is it to buy it over the counter there tho ? it costs me €5.99 here , i have it on order in the local Newsagents .. i apreciate some of this profit is the Newsagents mark up but hey, its well worth it ..

Sorry Steve you just answered that as i was posting my reply

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Steve, you already said the answer.
Get your Sister to take out a subscription (very economical) plus she gets it a few days before it's on sale in the shops.
Then she pops it in a cheap padded envelope (a dozen at Tescos is a few pounds), it takes a couple of days to get to you and Viola, you have a pristine, sealed and bang up to date copy of GM around the same time it goes on sale in blighty and about half the price you are paying over there.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Darth...been trying to find out the cost to mail it over here from the PO website....it'd be much easier to find a vestal virgin in Essex than info on there. (No offences to vestal virgins...or Essex girls actually).

Steve, would it be cheaper for me to phone you and read it out loud to you?

Chris

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I think the solution is I bring it over once a month along with a couple of Essex girls for the weekend and we can play around:smirk: