Golf long weekend in January - where?

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking to go on a 3 night 3 or 4 round weekend golfing break in early January. Will likely be me and 3 others, so we will have a 4 ball.

Would like it to be warm (doesn't have to be hot, but warm would be nice) reasonably confident of dry weather, and good courses. Not too long a flight.

Any suggestions?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looking to go on a 3 night 3 or 4 round weekend golfing break in early January. Will likely be me and 3 others, so we will have a 4 ball.

Would like it to be warm (doesn't have to be hot, but warm would be nice) reasonably confident of dry weather, and good courses. Not too long a flight.

Any suggestions?

Dubi?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Spain/Portugal would be the obvious answers but how about a ferry crossing and somewhere in Northern France? Or lots of short breaks to Turkey available through the golf travel companies. Morocco may be another possibility?

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spain and algarve are top of the list for obvious reasons, short flight, great courses. But concerned about the weather in Jan, would like to know about other's experiences?

Tenerife looks like a good option but I know nothing of the courses there.

Northern France in January is not likely.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
Spain and algarve are top of the list for obvious reasons, short flight, great courses. But concerned about the weather in Jan, would like to know about other's experiences?

Tenerife looks like a good option but I know nothing of the courses there.

Northern France in January is not likely.

Flight time to Tenerife is 4 hours. There are some good courses on the island. Gran Canaria is worth considering also.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spain and Portugal can be a bit hit and miss in Jan. Had some great weeks but, equally I've had cabin fever after a full week of rain on a couple of occasions - there's only so many games of poker and beers before you want to kill someone.

Gran Canaria would almost guarantee you decent weather. East coast of the U.S., Georgia/Nth Carolina is amazing but the weather in Jan can be the same as Spain/Portugal.

I'll caddy for free, if you'll cover the flights...

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Will check out Turkey and the Canary Islands.
Thanks.

Canaries are great, been on holiday there many times. But the golf can be pricey. Also as already mentioned Morocco is worth a look, nice courses around Marrakesh and is cheap as chips there to eat.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will check out Turkey and the Canary Islands.
Thanks.

A definite vote here for Gran Canaria, and the cream of the crop would be Anfi Tauro - fantastic golf course!
Try searching for my Anfi Tauro review in the Review section.
There's also Salobre courses, Masapolomas(sp) a more traditional course. And a couple more that I haven't played, and as has been said, the weather is virtually guaranteed.

:thup: :eek:ne:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Canaries, Madeira, Turkey and Dubai best bets if you don't want to go too far. Spain, Portugal, Cyprus might be OK but might not. If you decide to go further afield then Florida and the Caribbean would be very nice then.

Last edited: