Golf Insurance...is it worth it?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OK...serious question this one. I haven't got golf insurance, but seem to see loads of people mentioning that they have it etc etc...but is it worth having? In 3 and a bit years of playing, I haven't had any problems (I said it now...cursed!) but I continuously see the mention of it.

Do people that have it, used it for anything...and for those who haven't got it, have you ever regretted not having it?

Lastly, who would YOU recommend for insurance?

Cheers!!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get it straight away. Imagine you hit a bad one and clatter someones brand new £50K Mercedes, put a dent in the wing and they hand you a £1K bill for the repair work. Or what if you hit someone on the course and they took you to court, how would you pay? It is quite inexpensive really and will only cost you a few quid a month, but well worth having as you never know what may happen.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I got my Bronze cover through The Golfers Club for £26.99 per year, as our club's General Manager recommended them (and I trust his judgement). Think Golfcare are a little cheaper, but look almost identical.

My home insurance covers my clubs and my travel insurance covers me abroad better than this cover, hence my choice of bronze cover, rather than anything else. Plus the fact that if clubs are stolen unattended on the terrace, they're not covered under anyone's plan at any level from what I could see - which is pretty cr*p.

So why get it? The only real reason was to cover me in case I hit someone (or something), as with the litigious climate we now live in, I see it as money well spent. Plus it gives me £200 cover for a hole-in-one, which could happen... right? :whistle:

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well it could bratty...........:eek:ne:
I got mine for similar reasons but with golf care - free round vouchers soon make up the costs.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We had a big debate about this a while back
Some were adamant that they felt enough in control of their golf ball to know they were not going to anyone/anything and face the potentially bankrupting law-suit. That's up to them.
I have insurance theough Golfcare

Just in case.

Because I haven't got access to £500k very quickly.....

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
as with the litigious climate

and there was me thinking Bratty only knew swear words!!

In all seriousness I have never claimed on house insurance, car insurance and any others I have but, guaranteed if I didnt have them and needed it I would be proper screwed!

For the sake of a couple of quid a month or to put it better a large coffee from costa or somewhere its worth it :thup:

philsh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just bought it as ment to do it last time someone posted about this but forgot. One less thing to worry about whilst playing. Sending me a free cap and sleeve of balls so if never claim its a £30 cap, cheaper than the galvin green caps.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The way I see it, would you drive a car with no insurance and just hope you don't crash? No. Would you sway against the contents insurance on your house, because likely hood is you won't get burgled or it won't burn down? No. Travel insurance, paid for that nice expensive holiday, I won't contract any illness or have anything stolen, because I'm iron man...

Golf insurance is a must and should be compulsory at club level.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Golf Insurance is a MUST.I'm with Golf Care started off around £25 paying....now I am on GOLD Cover around £55 I think as it covers abroad/Europe.Also covers up to £200 for Hole In One in a comp.To which I have just accomplished!!....Get in,covered 'with profit'.
Of course the free game vouchers to.....which pays off the cheapest cost straightway.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've just bought it as ment to do it last time someone posted about this but forgot. One less thing to worry about whilst playing. Sending me a free cap and sleeve of balls so if never claim its a £30 cap, cheaper than the galvin green caps.

Whos this with pal?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
considering it. just yesterday i was hitting my approach to the 9th. semi blind shot and just as my 7 iron was approaching the green, a white haried woman walked just infront of the green and the ball missed her by a few feet. i first thought it was a lady golfer who i see out now and again but to our amazement she wasnt pushing her clubs but a child in a pram. she then toddled off towards the lake at the 10th where other children had gone down to see the ducks. i told her she could have been seriously hurt but she was a bit of a dizzy head and headed on anyway. could have been really nasty for her, the child, my feelings and my pocket!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think of it this way...

Third party personal injury claims are now being paid in millions - not specifically golf injuries but that's irrelevant. All that's important is that person A was injured as consequence of actions of person B. Case I'm thinking of was young woman, high-flyer, severely brain damaged but expected to live a long time and needing permanent care for rest of her days. Was awarded just about £5million to cover it. I guess most us don't have that sort of cash lying around the house?

A full blooded drive smacking someone on side of head could do that. And even the case of the bloke who lost his eye is too pricey for me.

Blocker

Medal Winner
Visit site
£30 for piece of mind not worrying about snap hooks thru windows, suicidal dog walkers and
getting cleaned out after a hole in one ( but only on a full size course and in a recognised competition and for money spent in the clubhouse that day---always read the small print !!!) You would be silly not to have insurance