Golf in the Hexham area??

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My family and I have had enough of the rat race and are seriously considering a move to the Hexham area - round Allendale. After doing the legwork re schools / jobs etc we are confident it is the right area - now I want to check out about the golf possibilities (the only one I've heard of locally is Slayley). Best club for membership etc would be great to find out as well as hearing from anyone who lives and plays over there. Thanks for any advice in advance!

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cheers Moogie - have looked at that one today online, it's not the one near Waitrose, Tesco (on the way out to the a69) etc is it?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers Moogie - have looked at that one today online, it's not the one near Waitrose, Tesco (on the way out to the a69) etc is it?

No
Think that's called Tynedale
Down by the river

For Hexham g c
If heading west on A69
Go past Hexham
Over the roundabout (slip road)
Then go down the other side
Past speed camera
Then exit A69 at the next exit left
Hexham golf club is not quite a mile down the road on left side

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site

There is a little 9 holer in Hexham as well, don't get them mixed up. Hexham is a cracking course. We go there pretty regular as its on the 2-4-1 scheme. Miss the main turn off at the roundabout coming from Newcastle, take the next turn off, then turn left, the course is just along the road, big signpost pointing left opposite the bungalow.

EDIT: boogie beat me to it :eek:

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
There is a little 9 holer in Hexham as well, don't get them mixed up. Hexham is a cracking course. We go there pretty regular as its on the 2-4-1 scheme. Miss the main turn off at the roundabout coming from Newcastle, take the next turn off, then turn left, the course is just along the road, big signpost pointing left opposite the bungalow.

EDIT: boogie beat me to it :eek:

I can assure you that Moogie does not Boogie :D

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for the further info, will have a look at Hexham when the time comes. Anybody played Allendale - 9 holer but walkable from the village.