golf in florida

degsy

Visit site
I will be going to Florida in October with family and friends. During our stay i will be looking to play golf on one of the days, can anybody recommend a course to me in the Orlando area. I have looked on the net but there are so many.

Alicia

Visit site
Florida has hundreds of courses so it depends what type of holiday you're after. Orlando offers theme parks and condo's. Disneyland has several golf courses and a huge range of accommodation to meet all budgets, the flagship being the Floridian, a colonial style property on the waterfront. This could be a great option if you have a family to entertain whilst you can escape to the course.

Miami has great nightlife and beaches and is the most cultured city in Florida with great restaurants brilliant for celebrity spotting. About a 15 min drive to the north of the art deco district is Turnberry Isle golf resort which has two courses, one of which has an island green. Inland the Doral is cheaper and has four fantastic courses including the Blue Monster which has hosted the PGA tour.

The PGA National in Palm Beach has five courses and was voted Golf Resort of the Year North America. Although the resort is huge and has an award winning destination spa this is a quiet area.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Alicia