Golf grip advice

bwstokie

Visit site
Evening all

So I’ve finally come to the conclusion that I need jumbo/oversize grips. I’m in a XL cadet glove and even my midsize lamkin grips with extra layers don’t feel like they fit my hands properly. Just out of curiosity (as an Arcoss user - embedded sensors) has anyone got any experience of the JumboMax STR8 Tech grips? These are the ones that can accept embedded Arcoss sensors in the grips but according to the website weigh in at 105g each. How will that translate into feel/club weight? I could opt for the JumboMax Ultralite versions which don’t accept the embedded sensors (I’ve got a full set of screw ins as well) which weight in closer to ‘normal’ grips at around 50g but these are as rare as rocking horse Pooh at the moment and I’m a bit impatient ?

Cheers in advance!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In terms of swing weight every 5 grams added to the grip end reduces swing weight by one point. Adding 2 grams on the head increases swingweight by one point.

Worth getting a club checked for current swing weight before starting as it will depend on how they were built ie were they built with the lamkin grips + layers to begin with.

bwstokie

Visit site
Just as I side note - opted for a JumboMax Ultralite medium weighing in at 50g. Popped it on the driver and just back from the range - Jesus H what a revelation!! Ball flight is as straight as it’s ever been, slightest of fades or draws, and seems really penetrating and flat with what to the eye look like very little spin compared to what I’m used to seeing. Noticed another lad on the range who had them on all his bag and had a quick chat and he was of a similar opinion that they’ve completely changed his game - he was absolutely striping everything. He was also of the opinion that it was all down to having next to no tension in his setup and swing and the grips basically encouraging him to really go after the ball more.

Managed to order another 8 for delivery tomorrow with the remaining 4 on back order for the end of the month - I’m genuinely excited!!