Golf clothing; Faldo v Poults

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm just settling down to watch the tonights drama unfold and I'm left in awe at the truly awful clothing that is being shown as the coverage goes through some of the Sundays drama.....

Being 22 I missed the era of Faldo, Seve and Sandy Lyle, and its interesting how far the clothing has come on since then. Some of the polos Faldo wore, look 10x too big, and his choice in jumpers!????

The clothes today's golfers wear seem so much appealing, especially to a younger generation. We could actually even praise somebody like Ian Poulter for his efforts in improving golf clothing's image, which I know myself can be sometimes described as 'old fashioned' etc...

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some of the polos Faldo wore, look 10x too big, and his choice in jumpers!????

Many still dress like that today in 2014....:rofl:

I wouldn't say Poulter improves the clothes image, because quite frankly some of his patterns are awful. But I would praise him for the more fitted look.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Each generation have their own take on fashion. At the end of the day you can only buy what is available at the time and make the most of it. I think Poulter looks a right cock in his clashing tartan troos and neon shoes but he thinks he looks good so let him get on with it. Nowt worse than an old man trying to look young so I'll let the young 'un's get on with it their way.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm more of a Faldo myself not into looking like a Ricky fowler on course and any an over the age of 20 should be embarrassed of themselves

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Faldo over Poulter or Fowler any day for me. I still have a few of the jumpers and that stripy shirt from 96.

Also the jumpers were really top quality lambs' wool. Lovely soft feel.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anything that disgusts boring people is great by me :D.

One of the things I love about golf is the huge variation of colours and styles that people wear.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought that in general the Masters golfers were very sober in their dress this year. Lots of retro stuff.
The young Texas guy looked very smart in his Under Armour stuff.

I wonder if the golfing public will follow this new trend.

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anything that disgusts boring people is great by me :D.

One of the things I love about golf is the huge variation of colours and styles that people wear.

Well you'd have to say that given some of the keks you've been turning up in :D

Poults is ok, at least he's co-ordinated.
Sadly the fitted look doesn't work for me - built more for comfort than speed these days :(:eek: