Golf can be therapeutic.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What with the pit officially shut today. One of me pals has been going through a really rough time the last few months. Wife poorly, losing his job etc etc. his Dr said get out of the house and stop moping around.

he last played golf seven years ago and asked me to take him out some time. Anyway we went out on our par three course on weds and he loved it and played really well. We snuck on our back nine and played the last four holes. His last drive on our par five was a monster drive with draw. His second shot with a seven wood was sublime with draw. He putted for par and left it six inch short. He was beaming. We had a good laugh and he was buzzing. So was I.

some times I love this game. Especially last night when I shot 21 points in a nine holer comp and was dropped 1.2. Boom

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
17 years ago, I took a non-golfing mate out to hit some balls when he split up with his then-girlfriend. We went up to a cliff beside the sea and spent an age smashing balls into the North Sea with my driver.

Summer's evening, late sun, we were up there until pretty late and were absolutely on our own. He still talks about it as being an amazingly therapeutic experience.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
17 years ago, I took a non-golfing mate out to hit some balls when he split up with his then-girlfriend. We went up to a cliff beside the sea and spent an age smashing balls into the North Sea with my driver.

Summer's evening, late sun, we were up there until pretty late and were absolutely on our own. He still talks about it as being an amazingly therapeutic experience.

That ended better than my first thought , taking someone who's depressed to a cliff top had me a bit worried. :whistle::whistle:

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Great story!
Brother married his lady 5yrs ago and his father in law took us out to play with him in upstate New York on a late summers evening before the wedding and it was the 3 of us (all pretty bad players) sharing a few beers and stories playing on the local course.
Only last week they visited for the first time to UK and I was able to repay the favour and take him and my brother out to play and it was great to have a catch up.
Sat on the terrace afterwards for a good few hours whilst watching the open on TV and he was beaming and so made up to be out and reminiscing and catching up over golf.
Indeed, golf rocks!!!

MattVSTS

Hacker
Visit site
I second that, even just an after-work 9 holes dramatically improves the day - all you need could be just one shot to be a totally rewarding round.