Golf buggy

Wattsy10

Visit site
Hi does anyone have any knowledge on the fraser dragonfly single seat golf buggy. Was wondering if buying a second hand would be a good option for me as I have a lung condition so walking the course is a no go and club cars are harder to book

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are they still made? I see spares can still be bought from Fraser.

I have a lot of experience of the powakaddy one (now electrokart) and Grasshhopper.

Most of the private buggy owners where I play (me included) have grasshopper buggies and I would whole heartedly recommend them. Another quality maker is Patterson Products, they have been in business for decades which says a lot about the product.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry for the Hijack, but I'm also thinking of buying a 2nd hand single-seater buggy, due to old age :cry:
A Patterson Eventer was recommended by a guy at Top Caddy, as it would probably fit in the boot of my Hyundai i40.
Any other suggestions, or is anyone selling one?
TIA.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know of someone selling a Grasshopper but I think the distance might be a problem.

Ps most of the better makes come apart to fit in cars but the bits are very heavy . Each battery is about twice the weight of a car battery.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know of someone selling a Grasshopper but I think the distance might be a problem.

Ps most of the better makes come apart to fit in cars but the bits are very heavy . Each battery is about twice the weight of a car battery.
Can't they be replaced by lighter lithium batteries.
Distance isn't a problem, I have relatives down south who could pick up and deliver, price and suitability is more important. ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't they be replaced by lighter lithium batteries.
Distance isn't a problem, I have relatives down south who could pick up and deliver, price and suitability is more important. ?

They can be replaced with a single lithium battery
https://www.grass-hopper.co.uk/golf-buggies/lithium-battery-24v-55ah/
and an appropriate charger.

The guy I know has just fitted brand new batteries, bought a new charger and replaced the brushes on the motor total cost around £600 I think he is looking for £1000. I have used the buggy myself, whilst waiting for new batteries for mine, and it drives fine.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
They can be replaced with a single lithium battery
https://www.grass-hopper.co.uk/golf-buggies/lithium-battery-24v-55ah/
and an appropriate charger.

The guy I know has just fitted brand new batteries, bought a new charger and replaced the brushes on the motor total cost around £600 I think he is looking for £1000. I have used the buggy myself, whilst waiting for new batteries for mine, and it drives fine.
THANK YOU, I'm very interested , just need to check if it will defo fit in my car, I think a fellow member has one I can try for size. Could you find out the exact model/type, and possibly a picture please.
I can ask my Nephew as he stays near Portsmouth and travels up often, he could pick it up if it suits.

Last edited: