Golf belts.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Why are they so expensive? It seems the latest phase is the webbing type. Which is ok if you like them but me I like leather. I have a Couple of buckles, GG and Druh but the belts have gone and would love to just replace the belt but at this rate the buckles are going to Majorca to see if lucky lucky man can do something.

RichA

Visit site
Why are they so expensive? It seems the latest phase is the webbing type. Which is ok if you like them but me I like leather. I have a Couple of buckles, GG and Druh but the belts have gone and would love to just replace the belt but at this rate the buckles are going to Majorca to see if lucky lucky man can do something.
Does your club check whether you're wearing a pukka "golf belt"?
Mine doesn't, so I can get away with wearing "a belt" purchased cheaply at any online or high street retailer.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Does your club check whether you're wearing a pukka "golf belt"?
Mine doesn't, so I can get away with wearing "a belt" purchased cheaply at any online or high street retailer.
This is my plan B, Ave had a look in a few TK Max shops as they seem to be not far off. Trouble is they seem narrow trouser belts as against the wider golf belts.

RichA

Visit site

evemccc

Visit site
Decathlon do good golf belts (and clothes)

Or you could get a premium ‘aftermarket’ belt that’s tailored just for your specific dimensions

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I just buy the elasticated webbing belts now. Hardly know you've got them on they are so comfortable.
Go just as well with jeans as they do golf trousers.
Available in a variety of colours.
What's not to like?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I went down the golf belt route a few years back but they never lasted more than a few months before starting to fray..they all seem to be these bonded types.
I now buy decent full leather belts which last, seemingly, forever. One is going 5 years soon and another is 2 years.. not a mark on them.
Anyway..surely if youre wearing a golf belt you're well on the way to being a FullKitW.........?;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a 'golf belt'. Not a leather one, it's the kind that's like an aeroplane seatbelt. For some reason it's incredibly long, as if it was designed to fit anyone up to like a 46 inch waist - I have to wrap it around me quite a lot after the buckle. I'm not sure if it's intentional and they're all like that, or whether my missus cocked it up and ordered a really big size by mistake.

RichA

Visit site
I have a 'golf belt'. Not a leather one, it's the kind that's like an aeroplane seatbelt. For some reason it's incredibly long, as if it was designed to fit anyone up to like a 46 inch waist - I have to wrap it around me quite a lot after the buckle. I'm not sure if it's intentional and they're all like that, or whether my missus cocked it up and ordered a really big size by mistake.
If there's a metal bit on the end then you can prise it off, cut the belt to the length you want, seal the frayed edge with a cigarette lighter then put the metal bit back on.
Alternatively, do the same thing at the buckle end. They're usually reversible, so you can unclip the buckle.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it not the sort where you cut it to size, the buckle is movable? I have an UA one, it is a one size but I cut it down. The buckle has teeth to grip the material, you lift the teeth using a screwdriver and move it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Two observations for ya:
These web belts are sold in different lengths
Even if you get one too big, you just take the buckle off, cut it to a better fit and melt the end to prevent fraying, before putting the buckle back on