golf balls

mike13a

Visit site
I am having trouble finding the correct golf ball for me. i have found that i am more consistent with the dunlop tour ball with my woods and irons but cannot putt. my putting is great with the callaway warbird. can anyone help with suggesting a ball which is a combination of both balls?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought some Bridgestone RX's from Snainton Golf in the week and they flew well and stopped pretty well today. 2 dozen cost £40 delivered - good value I'd say

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
What works for one person may not work for another etc etc....but try srixon ad333...a good all round ball.

whilst I totally agree your slection of an all rounder )or the NXT Tour/Bridgestone RX) I can't help feeling people are taking this 'right ball for me' thing a little too far!

like - yes; doesn't work - no

for the like factor all balls fall into 3 basic categories -

1. plastic coated concrete
2. soft feel (can be Tour or cheap)
3. all the rest

for the average amateur anything else is really psycological, but then again so is so much in golf!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
for me the only diffence I fin is the feel of the putter, I can slice a Pro V as good as a dunlop. My current ball is Bridgestone e6, they feel soft enough of the putter for me. Distance wise I hardly notice, one day I'm longer but for me it's all to do with my set up and swing as to wether the ball works or not

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
whilst I totally agree your slection of an all rounder )or the NXT Tour/Bridgestone RX) I can't help feeling people are taking this 'right ball for me' thing a little too far!

like - yes; doesn't work - no

for the like factor all balls fall into 3 basic categories -

1. plastic coated concrete
2. soft feel (can be Tour or cheap)
3. all the rest

for the average amateur anything else is really psycological, but then again so is so much in golf!

Pretty much agree with this.

However, my priority has always been to find a ball that I like to putt with tht gives reasonable spin around/on the green.

I don't like a clicky ball, nor a particularly soft one, so that rules out most of the Distance, Nikes and the Soft Feel or equivalents. The AD333 is a popular ball but fails my 'around the green test' - as does the ProV1x. The NXT/Velocity would probably work, but a mate uses them. ProV1 (least favourite), Srixon Z-Stars, Bridgestone B330s or the Cally Hex Black which has just displaced my previous favourite - the TM Penta. I used to be able to hit a ball and pick which one it was pretty well. However, either I've lost that ability (don't think so) or they've all become pretty similar.

Agree, try the AD333 as it's a reasonable all round ball and often at a bargain price.

BTW. All balls I use are 'pickups'!

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mike

I assume you're either a high handicap player or playing on a budget. The Dunlops are a good no nonsense value ball however as you have found they do lack feel around the greens.

The most underated value ball IMO is the Pinnacle Precision which is made in the Titleist factory and is as close as you will get to a Srixon AD333 on a budget price of 15 balls for £10.

You'll find that they offer much more feel than the Dunlops and you'll have to play substantialy more to find a ball that offers a considerable improvement in the budget to mid price market.

Last edited:

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Just to throw another suggestion in,i have been using the ad333 for the last 2 years but have changed to the Srixon soft feel this year,definitely more feel off the putter.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i just bought 100 mixed selection srixons of ebay
ad333, soft feel, tri speed, zur, z star, and the odd lady
£26 bargain, good condition to

should last me the summer