Golf academies / tuition !?

KL88

Visit site
Hi, I've been playing golf for a few years now, on and off, and have had the odd lesson when I first started out but this is the first year that iv really got into it properly and have been playing a lot at my course and I tend to play at a handicap of around 16. I'm playing and practicing atleast 3 times a week at the moment, sometimes more.

I'm interested in spending a few days or a week at a golf academy or something similar somewhere within the uk, and wanted to know if these are recommended at all or if they are a bit of a waste of money or what?
I could have lessons at my course but these are fairly expensive for the amount of time you receive with the pro, unlike the amount I presume you receive while away at an academy or similar.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Sounds like you're looking at a 3 day academy group course bearing in mind you are saying 1 on 1 tuition is expensive. I haven't done one but I'd expect the personal tuition to be a bit limited and the rest to be generic to the group. Bearing in mind you're off 16 I'd expect personal 1-1 tuition would be better suited. Possibly look at taking a week off and book 3 1hr lessons over the week. Or 6 half hours lessons with one first thing and another after lunch. Or even a course lesson.

KL88

Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply. It's not really the expensive part that bothers me its that it's just a 30 min lesson for the money, unless you book two. I think I would prefer a more of an intensive day(s) worth of guidance from a pro - along with some course analysis if possible, but not sure if they are they are recommended because of how much they are trying to cram into a few days, or if I'm just being impatient and it's going to benefit me more taking it slower