Gold Coast Trip

007chappie

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just a quick one this,
has anybody played Formby Hall? Looking at doing a couple of days on the "Gold Coast" in the next month or two, and I would appreciate any info on Formby. Also looking to play Southport & Ainsdale after one of Alchemys posts the other day - if you could pass some pointers/info on mate I would really appreciate it.

Muchos Gracias ;)

AlchemyGolf

Head Pro
www.onixbikes.co.uk
For me this is the order of play here my friend and your Spoilt for choice.

1.Royal Birkdale (obviously)
2.Hillside
3.Southport & Ainsdale
4.Formby
5.Formby Hall
6.Hesketh

The 1st 4 are top draw and the last 2 are defo worth a game, all links courses apart from Formby Hall which is the newest and a bit americanised with water and long bunkers but well worth a game no question.

I used to have Formby as my number 2 but played it last year and changed my opinion,the holes in the pines though through 6,7,8,9 are gorgeous.

007chappie

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks mate,
Will look them all up now and weigh it all up. Would love to play Birkdale but it is quite steep for a round of golf, plus I'm not sure I could get my mates to part with that much cash!! :eek:

AlchemyGolf

Head Pro
www.onixbikes.co.uk
Yeah like all the open courses they cost a fortune.

To be honest Hillside,S&A and Formby are all top class championship courses and in the top 100 in the british isles.you really cant go wrong.

Formby Hall offers something different but if the green fee is about the same as the previous 3 mentioned then go for them without doubt.

I wouldnt play hesketh,it has 6 fantastic holes on the clubhouse side of the road but the rest is very average on the other side!