GoKart come up trumps again

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I rang them yesterday morning to ask if my trolley is still in the extended warranty they gave when I had my automatic drive handle fitted. It wasn't but they said they'd send me a new front wheel as mine, after about 4 years, was starting to shred a little on one side. A new one duly arrived this morning in the post free of charge!

Service second to none!

SteveFG

Visit site
Here is my experience:

First I broke two bits (buckle on the strap and scorecard holder) which they replaced free of charge despite me telling them clearly that these were my fault and nothing to do with their manufacturing.

Then the trolley stopped working on a bank holiday Monday. I got in touch with them on the Tuesday and found out that the trolley was out of guarantee by a week or so. They organized a pick-up to collect it on Wednesday (at their expense) and reshipped it (at their expense) on Friday with a new motor in it.... free of charge.

The after sales service you read about on the web was one of the factors in me choosing GoKart, and that has turned out to have lived up to its billing - great trolley, even better support.

RW1986

Head Pro
Visit site
I sold a goKart trolley to Matt on here at back end of last year, the delivery driver must have dropped it or something as the front wheel snapped off. Gave goKart a call and they sent out the replacement part to him free of charge. I wish I had kept it now as the customer service you get from one of the top brands is not even half as good.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
My gearbox/motor rattles a fair bit, was only just out of warranty when I spoke to them, and they only offered to service it for me (at £100) ... so it's not all roses :)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My gearbox/motor rattles a fair bit, was only just out of warranty when I spoke to them, and they only offered to service it for me (at £100) ... so it's not all roses :)

Mine has a leak around bottom , sort of where drive shaft will be. Gokart contacted.........oh er yeah, it's out of service warranty, nowt to worry about though, give it a wipe with a cloth. Hmm well that's why I had mine "serviced" (swapped) so maybe I shouldn't have. But surely if there is some sort of fluid coming out, it shouldn't be, and will run out eventually and therefore not be doing the job it should be inside the casing.
Just a thought.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I sold a goKart trolley to Matt on here at back end of last year, the delivery driver must have dropped it or something as the front wheel snapped off. Gave goKart a call and they sent out the replacement part to him free of charge. I wish I had kept it now as the customer service you get from one of the top brands is not even half as good.

The boss is very happy with it too :thup: and touch wood has been performing awesome too :)

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
just playing devils avocado here;) I see a lot of threads praising gokarts CS for fixing faults/issues with their product:thup:

Could it mean their product actually has quality issues from the get go.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
just playing devils avocado here;) I see a lot of threads praising gokarts CS for fixing faults/issues with their product:thup:

I don't imagine that their rate of problems is any higher than most other makes but whenever I've dealt with them they've been top notch, I guess they won't please everyone but I've been well treated

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Possibly.
Although it could mean that other manufacturers are not quite so good at fixing faults and issues so you never see threads about them
;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I unfortunately agree, I would rather have the peace of mind I wouldn't experience as many wide spread issues as I've read on here, I accept that their after-sales comes as across as exemplary, but I've not considered buying a GoKart trolley when in the market due to the many issues I've read about.

I also don't fully accept Smithy's spin on it, if the many members on here felt aggrieved about problems they'd experienced and the lack of help or assistance they'd received from any other manufacturer, I'm sure they'd mention on it here, after all, there all a fickle lot, aren't they :smirk:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think that the rim of a wheel starting to wear and a rubber tie strap breaking after about 4 years of use when I play around 3 times a week is hardly evidence of poor manufacturing!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The majority of Go-Kart threads are not moaning about the fact that the thing has gone wrong, they're about the quality of service they receive when it does.
How many Motocaddy/Powakaddy etc etc threads are there praising the customer service..?
I doubt that GoKarts go wrong more or less than other brands - its a big leap to assume that the number of threads on here about the service means they go wrong more often.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The majority of Go-Kart threads are not moaning about the fact that the thing has gone wrong, they're about the quality of service they receive when it does.

Of course they are, that's because the majority of time they are put right even though they are out of guarantee, I'm sure if that wasn't the case the threads would have a different tone, I'd rather have a product that doesn't breakdown as much as I read it does.

How many Motocaddy/Powakaddy etc etc threads are there praising the customer service..?

Obviously not as many as GoKarts, but, is that because they don't breakdown as frequently and as such the company feels obliged to go over and beyond to protect its brand name!

I doubt that GoKarts go wrong more or less than other brands - its a big leap to assume that the number of threads on here about the service means they go wrong more often.

I thinks its just as big a leap to assume that other brands do but we don't hear about, after all, everyone on here isn't shy when it comes to complaining about something when they feel hard done by, are they?

Conclusion.

I have nothing against GoKart, I am just voicing an opinion that yes, they put everything right when something goes wrong, but this is an obvious cost to them, so, I'd personally prefer them to invest that cost back into the product so it doesn't keep breaking down across varying areas of their product. For them to absorb these additional service costs in labour & parts in & out of guarantee says to me they have a healthy margin margin in the product, personally I'd rather some of that be reinvested in improvements as I look for peace of mind in what I buy and invest in.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Conclusion.

I have nothing against GoKart, I am just voicing an opinion that yes, they put everything right when something goes wrong, but this is an obvious cost to them, so, I'd personally prefer them to invest that cost back into the product so it doesn't keep breaking down across varying areas of their product. For them to absorb these additional service costs in labour & parts in & out of guarantee says to me they have a healthy margin margin in the product, personally I'd rather some of that be reinvested in improvements as I look for peace of mind in what I buy and invest in.

Or perhaps it's a bloody good company who recognise that customer satisfaction is paramount and always go that extra mile!

I find it difficult to see how a rubber bungee breaking after 4 years of regular use requires the investment into production that you suggest. I'd rather a product that doesn't cost the earth when new, and is so well supported by its very affable owners and staff, in the way they have. The amount of posts on here really don't suggest that there product is poor and, has been said, almost all the posts are not critical of the product but complimentary of the backup and you are welcome to your views Robin but, on this one, you are very wide of the mark.