Go Kart Owners

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
After 7 years my battery has decided it doesn't want to play any more, normally after the 14th/15th hole. I normally feel that way aftr 5 holes, but thats a different thread..:)

So why should I change from Lead/Acid to Lithum, what are the benefits apart from weight?

Over to you good folk

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
After 7 years my battery has decided it doesn't want to play any more, normally after the 14th/15th hole.
If you have a GoKart lead acid battery that has lasted for 7 years, you need to buy a lottery ticket, because you must be the luckiest person on the planet.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you have a GoKart lead acid battery that has lasted for 7 years, you need to buy a lottery ticket, because you must be the luckiest person on the planet.

Here, here! I would be over the moon as you have clearly saved yourself a few hundred quid. If you feel lucky again I would stick with the same. It's not like you carry the battery any distance

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site

Apologies just checked. Won at the H4H auction during the fund raiser at Luton Hoo in 2011, so 6 years old

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I popped into Go kart last year and picket up a lithium battery and it's so much lighter, charges so much quicker and is really powerful on the hills

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ok so it's 6 years old.... even so that speaks legion for the efficiency of the GoKart Trolley. I have a 4 year old GoKart 18 hole lithium & it still does 36 holes with a wee bit of 'down hill' cruising. If I was you I wouldn't entertain lead acid again, even though you did well with the last one.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok so it's 6 years old.... even so that speaks legion for the efficiency of the GoKart Trolley. I have a 4 year old GoKart 18 hole lithium & it still does 36 holes with a wee bit of 'down hill' cruising. If I was you I wouldn't entertain lead acid again, even though you did well with the last one.

Thank you, that's really helped. Cost isn't too much of an issue, weight isn't either so I was hoping for a post like yours giving positive performance feedback after a few years use.

Thans everyone else for their input. It's appreciated

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Yeah but it's like turning up on the fist tee with a Skoda/Lada when everyone else has an Audi or worst case a Vauxhall..

#worstlookingtrolleythereis

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah but it's like turning up on the fist tee with a Skoda/Lada when everyone else has an Audi or worst case a Vauxhall..

#worstlookingtrolleythereis

Sorry - you're suggesting that a Vauxhall is better than a Skoda?! :eek: #livinginthepast
Aye, I prefer something workman-like rather than ‘hair-dresser’ style cars & trolleys.
#trolleysthatarefitforpurpose

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well my new Gokart, joint Christmas and birthday present thank you, will be put in my Skoda Superb to go to my golf club. Both were very clear choices after looking at all of the options #livinginthemodernworld #notabadgesnob #Lovemycar. #smilingatthosewithaclosedmind. #enjoyingthesparemoneythosetwobuysgiveme

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well my new Gokart, joint Christmas and birthday present thank you, will be put in my Skoda Superb to go to my golf club. Both were very clear choices after looking at all of the options #livinginthemodernworld #notabadgesnob #Lovemycar. #smilingatthosewithaclosedmind. #enjoyingthesparemoneythosetwobuysgiveme

:thup:
It's a trolley for crying out loud.
It carries your clubs around a field...
How good does it have to look?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

:thup:
It's a trolley for crying out loud.
It carries your clubs around a field...
How good does it have to look?
This all day long. I also put my 10 year old GoKart into the boot of my Skoda Superb. Both excellent pieces of kit and very happy with them.

Back to the OP. I changed my GoKart to a Lithium battery almost three years ago and haven't looked back. If you're looking at benefits.
  • Lighter - I know you say weight isn't an issue but seriously until you have felt the difference in weight between the two you can't imagine how much of a help it is, plus it's less weight for the GoKart to have to carry for 18 holes.
  • Faster charge - Should you ever forget to charge it, a Lithium battery will charge much faster than a lead acid one.
  • Longer life - Although as you have got almost 7 years out of this lead acid battery, you can't guarantee it will be the same with a new one.
This article here may help.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but it saves adding one with the same title.

So, has anyone else had a problem slotting the battery in to position? Asking for the wife really. She puts all the stuff together as I stroll up to the Pro shop to book in, her choice I hasten to add, and for some reason struggles to get the battery to line up. She's asked me to ask this on here. I just give it a whack when I get back and all is well, but she's really frustrated with this and has said she'll choose her next one. (This is a good sign (y) as I expect her to give up this year).

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but it saves adding one with the same title.

So, has anyone else had a problem slotting the battery in to position? Asking for the wife really. She puts all the stuff together as I stroll up to the Pro shop to book in, her choice I hasten to add, and for some reason struggles to get the battery to line up. She's asked me to ask this on here. I just give it a whack when I get back and all is well, but she's really frustrated with this and has said she'll choose her next one. (This is a good sign (y) as I expect her to give up this year).
Yeah mine likes a bit of physical persuasion... and a true gentleman always obliges .... i am talking about the go kart battery by the way.