Glove Sizing & Fitting

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Does anybody else find that gloves strecth very quickly? I have trouble finding a glove that fits properly (i should be a cadet small in Footjoy but can't seem to find any), and when I do, they seem to stretch after one round. Can anybody recommend a leather glove that would keep it's size and shape for at least 3 rounds? And how they seem for sizing comapred to Footjoy or TaylorMade?

Thanks

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
With leather gloves there is always going to be a certain amount of give and stretching, i use Callaway dawn patrol gloves and they last pretty well.

how often you take it off and put it on again with also have an effect, as will how its kept after the round.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
To be fair, I'm using TaylorMade gloves at the moment and they seem to stretch. Had trouble with Footjoy sizing when they updated the gloves but might go back and give them another try

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In the 1960's golf gloves came in sizes 6 to 10 [with half sizes as well ie 7.5] choice of 9 sizes.
If unsure of your glove size wrap a cotton tape measure round the palm of your hand below the fingers [widest bit] amazing how many folk do not know that.:unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never really know what size I'm meant to be anyway. I'm currently using the 'Zero Friction' glove, which is one size fits all with plenty of stretchy bits on it. Maybe you could give that a try? Although if your hands are really small (cadet small is tiny isn't it?) they might be a bit loose.
Have a look if you want https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Zero-Friction-Golf-Gloves.html

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t be afraid to try ladies gloves too, I like my gloves to be really really snug.
I end up buying ladies Large as when they give a little that still fit perfect. Helped me with a grip pressure issue.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd recommend trying the Cabretta gloves from Costco. Medium/Large size suits my 8&3/4" hands. Sold in 3's & is where I've been getting them for some time.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never really know what size I'm meant to be anyway. I'm currently using the 'Zero Friction' glove, which is one size fits all with plenty of stretchy bits on it. Maybe you could give that a try? Although if your hands are really small (cadet small is tiny isn't it?) they might be a bit loose.
Have a look if you want https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Zero-Friction-Golf-Gloves.html
These are good gloves.
But if you take your glove off after every shot they can be a bit of a pain.
I keep mine on all the time ,even putting so I like the zero friction.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
These are good gloves.
But if you take your glove off after every shot they can be a bit of a pain.
I keep mine on all the time ,even putting so I like the zero friction.
I don't find it too hard to get off and on, but my hands & fingers are reasonably skinny I suppose.

Mandofred

Visit site
I just buy small basic all weather FJ....I don't notice much stretching. I've tried a couple other brands, but these seem to last decently well.