Glencruitten GC, Oban

U

User62651

Played here today, my new club, first round in 6 years in great weather. Quirky course, short but quite tough. Several blind tee shots. Need to plot way round, well defended. Very hilly, found walking it tough at times as clearly not golf fit yet. Holes all interesting and challenging in their own ways. Impressed with greens for early March - rolling very nicely. Gotta work on those leg muscles for hills though. Hit it ok, 9 over par with 2 DBs, one birdie, not too bad for a return from long injury enforced hiatus from golf. Delighted to be playing again and come through unscathed.

If anyone finds themselves up here be happy to arrange a game.

Few pics
View attachment 22111View attachment 22112View attachment 22113View attachment 22114View attachment 22115View attachment 22116View attachment 22117View attachment 22118View attachment 22119View attachment 22120View attachment 22121

U

User62651

Sorry messed up pictures I think, here they are again

- 1st green.jpg3rd green.jpg4th green.jpg5th.jpg6th.jpg7th.jpg9th.jpg10th.jpg12th.jpg15th.jpg16th green.jpg

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oo, missed this when up that way over the NY.

I did play Dragons tooth which has great views, but yours looks like a cracking course also.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not a course I've really heard much about but it looks really nice!

Day ticket £30......ridiculously cheap for that quality.

New membership is £240 a year or country membership if you live 10 miles outside Oban is £200. And you can spread the payments!! :LOL:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Glencruitten is a mad golf course I think that's the best way to describe it. The first hole sums it up with a nice flat tee shot to a wide fairway before an almost vertical climb up to the first green. It has a mixture of mad/amazing/fun and downright bonkers holes which actually work, they may frustrate but you always walk off of Glencruitten with a smile.

Could I play it every day - probably not but I always enjoy a visit.