GGG v Brook

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone watching this tonight? I tried to get tickets when they went on sale but it sold out so fast and I wasn't paying secondary tickets site prices at 3x face value.

Anyway I can't see anything but a 2-3 round demolition for GGG.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
as much as i would like to see Brook win ,i really cant see past GGG putting him on his backside in the middle rounds .
Brook will make him work hard early on ,but as the fight go`s on GGG will over power him through the weight of his punches ,
he is a natural at the weight and will just hit harder.Brook will give him as good as he gets but he wont be able to sustain the effort against GGG`s power.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah brook in for the beating of his life.

Interesting hearing GGG chatting about hes not into heavy weight training. Uses rubber bands. Like people would use when coming back from a serious injury etc.

GGG is heavy handed I say he will have brook on floor by the second but the fight might go 5 rounds. Brook has given 110% for this fight but it will be a easy one for GGG am afraid.

Mr A

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's a mismatch, GGG wins by KO any time he likes. Weight classes exist for a reason, jumping 13 pounds to fight arguably the biggest puncher in the sport is dangerous.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a mismatch, GGG wins by KO any time he likes. Weight classes exist for a reason, jumping 13 pounds to fight arguably the biggest puncher in the sport is dangerous.

Correct. However Sky want the paying public to believe it's a 50/50 and have been on the propaganda train the last few days. The only reason I'm watching it is because of GGG and there's 2 decent undercard scraps

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Correct. However Sky want the paying public to believe it's a 50/50 and have been on the propaganda train the last few days. The only reason I'm watching it is because of GGG and there's 2 decent undercard scraps

Yes, Haskins v Hall is real grudge time.

Should be GGG KO in the 6th, if GGG is 100% fit and not under the weather as rumoured.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes, Haskins v Hall is real grudge time.

Should be GGG KO in the 6th, if GGG is 100% fit and not under the weather as rumoured.

Yep rooting for our home town guy Stuey Hall!

I echo everyone elses sentiments that Brook is almost certainly biting off more than he can chew

D

Deleted member 1740

I think this will be closer than people think, no doubt Golovkin is the better boxer, Brook is no mug neither.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know much about boxing but don't think this fight will last very long. Looks like GGG has too much power for Brook and hurts him every time he connects.

Mr A

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great fight! Great effort from Brook. Think GGG under estimated him, ended up grinding him down in the end. Brook deserves credit.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure why froch et al are raving about brook, he just got toasted by a stronger boxer, wasn't a contest really, towel coming in in the fifth, nice payday for brook I guess.