Getting back into it after 12 months

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning all!

After having a break for nearly 12 months I think it’s time to get back golfing!

I was totally frustrated with my game (due to poor health more than anything else) and also the club I was a member of at the time was going through a bit of a transitional period. I decided to walk away from the game and as such I didn’t renew my membership and I’ve not swung a club in around 12 months.

Anyway, after being stuck indoors due to this COVID19 Lockdown it’s forced me to have a bit of a lifestyle reset and rethink my priorities! So, I’m looking to get back into it all!

Just thought I’d say “Hello” again.

StevieT (Previously Stegsie - changed forum ID username)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Good to hear.
Still got your kit?
Might be best to ease yourself back in with a couple of range sessions before re-entering the fray...

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Good to hear.
Still got your kit?
Might be best to ease yourself back in with a couple of range sessions before re-entering the fray...

I have indeed. I was planning to get rid of it but Mrs T convinced me to keep hold of them. Glad I did.

Range sessions will be a must for sure!

D

Deleted member 1740

Morning all!

After having a break for nearly 12 months I think it’s time to get back golfing!

I was totally frustrated with my game (due to poor health more than anything else) and also the club I was a member of at the time was going through a bit of a transitional period. I decided to walk away from the game and as such I didn’t renew my membership and I’ve not swung a club in around 12 months.

Anyway, after being stuck indoors due to this COVID19 Lockdown it’s forced me to have a bit of a lifestyle reset and rethink my priorities! So, I’m looking to get back into it all!

Just thought I’d say “Hello” again.

StevieT (Previously Stegsie - changed forum ID username)

Alright mate, hope your health issues are sorted it’s good to see you back at it. No doubt the break will have done you good.

Give us a shout when you feel upto a game and we’ll sort something. ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to applaud you for choosing your captaincy photo for your Avatar (y). That picture strongly suggests all of your posts are going to be eminently sensible :D

Welcome back.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Steve, good to see a fellow north ender back! ?

Always up for a game when weather, work, health, or covid permits. Seems a lot of things get in the way of golf ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome back. Any plans to rejoin a club, assuming the transitions have gone through or do you think you'll join elsewhere. Tough at the moment with no ranges (at least round here) open and no clubs taking visitors. Ease back in gently and I'm sure you'll get back into it no problem. In the meantime jump back in here

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Welcome back. Any plans to rejoin a club, assuming the transitions have gone through or do you think you'll join elsewhere. Tough at the moment with no ranges (at least round here) open and no clubs taking visitors. Ease back in gently and I'm sure you'll get back into it no problem. In the meantime jump back in here

Cheers, pal.

I won’t be rejoining my old place so will be looking for somewhere new when the time is right (post lockdown!)