Gerry Anderson love-in

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am sure there are some other Thunderbirds and Stingray fans on here. I bought myself the UFO box set for Christmas and it's still as watchable as ever even though it is now over 45 years old. Gerry was a legend for all boys of my age growing up. Not that we ever did.

FAB

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
one of the (now-retired) partners in my wife's firm dealt with all the patent and trademark work and I still am a huge fan and had the pleasure of introducing my kids to Thunderbirds, Stingray, Joe 90, Capt Scarlet etc when they were quite young.

Best Thunderbirds Episode? The Pit one with the Sidewinder and The Mole

Lots of old shows on youtube :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I loved all of them on particular Captain Scarlet, my cousin had the Captain Black outfit and i was always jealous of him.. i had to make do with Joe 90 :(

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The best Thunderbirds for me was the one with the jet plane Fire Flash where the undercarriage failed (or was there a bomb in it preventing it's use?) and they had a load of multi-wheeled cars that they had to land the plane on, massive excitement when the tyres started blowing out!

Just had to watch it again, epic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOCmI72eRh4
(The runway must have been about 100 miles long though :eek:)

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The best Thunderbirds for me was the one with the jet plane Fire Flash where the undercarriage failed (or was there a bomb in it preventing it's use?) and they had a load of multi-wheeled cars that they had to land the plane on, massive excitement when the tyres started blowing out!

Just had to watch it again, epic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOCmI72eRh4
(The runway must have been about 100 miles long though :eek:)

That was the first episode of Thunderbirds. I always remember the one where the multi-storey building caught fire all because a car was speeding into the car park, crashed and set off an inferno. Even at seven years old, I thought this was pretty bad planning all round.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Somehow that's just not right. Loved it as a kid, leave it alone, let it be what is was.

Totally agree!

Ahead of its time when it came out - and everything about it was leading edge - but technology has taken ginormous steps. So invent something new rather than rehashing dated tech!

That doesn't apply to either music or comedy btw! As some things are truly timeless!

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a true thunderbirds ologist. Ring tone on mobile. One of my favs was the giant alligators and the boys had to use the hover scooters. Real edge of seat stuff. Mrs Ad two xmases ago got me the re mastered complete box set. Talk about kid in sweet shop syndrome

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am a true thunderbirds ologist. Ring tone on mobile. One of my favs was the giant alligators and the boys had to use the hover scooters. Real edge of seat stuff. Mrs Ad two xmases ago got me the re mastered complete box set. Talk about kid in sweet shop syndrome

spook! I was looking for that, is it the 'proper' intro music? not James Last plays Thunderbirds or similar:rolleyes:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I loved all of them on particular Captain Scarlet, my cousin had the Captain Black outfit and i was always jealous of him.. i had to make do with Joe 90 :(

Make do! There's no make do with Joe 90!

Best series of the bunch. The Jet Air Car toy I had was a fav for many years