Garsen Grips

Thread starter #1
My recently acquired putter came with an unusually shaped grip....a Trapezoid shape with a large flat area to the front.

After a bit of research I discovered that what I had was a Garsen Quad Tour Non Tapered grip as featured at the bottom of this page... https://www.garsengolf.com

To be honest....with all the sharp angles and being quite firm. its not the most comfortable of grips when indulging in a good spell of putting practice, but, my stroke does seem to be fairly stable and consistent and I'm managing to hit a 330ml beer bottle at 6ft remarkably consistently down my hallway carpet (its a great practice regime....every time you hit the bottle you take a swig of beer....put down a new full bottle when the last one is empty and repeat...eventually your putting performance will decline :LOL:).

I'd personally never hear of Garsen but started having a look at their other grips....their philosophy seems to be based around designing a grip that results in the palms being opposite to each other, forcing the elbows to tuck in a bit and reducing the possibility of wrist breakdown.

There are a couple of Garsen grips that are of potential interest but...before I dive in....i was wondering if anyone here uses/have used a Garsen grip on their putter and what your thoughts were?

I don't have the Garsen grip but I do hold my SuperStroke gripped putter in the same fashion and feel like it benefits me. Far less chance of things moving that shouldn't. I believe that it has improved my putting - and confidence is a wonderful thing :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Farmer
Not heard of them but if it is helping your putting then I'd put up with a degree of it feeling uncomfortable for a while Like anything different, I am sure after a short time it'll start to feel "normal"

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
I've used the Garsen G-pro Max for 3 or 4 years
(the one Stenson used for years and won the Open with).
I wouldn't use any other grip now, a traditional shape just doesn't feel comfortable and never liked the feel of the larger Superstroke grips.

Ethan

Money List Winner
I always think that if a new grip like this doesn't feel weird and awkward for a while, it probably isn't doing much good, as the awkwardness is you having to change all the bad habits that were missing putts for you.