Garage tiles

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our garage has been emptied due to building works… it is single brick build, and can’t help notice that there is damp on the concrete floor and cardboard boxes have rotted away.. wondering if I should put some garage tiles … mixd reviews online

It will soon be having the solar battery and electrics going in soon

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our garage has been emptied due to building works… it is single brick build, and can’t help notice that there is damp on the concrete floor and cardboard boxes have rotted away.. wondering if I should put some garage tiles … mixd reviews online

Interlocking tiles are good but get a decent thickness on them. They will be stronger, give better insulation etc. I can't remember the optimum thickness, I don't want to guess and give duff information, but a bit of research should help there.

For a concrete floor, as you describe, they would be the best option.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

Is the damp coming up through the concrete or is it from a wet car?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is the damp coming up through the concrete or is it from a wet car?
The garage has a dpm layer, so generally looks protected.. I ythink this ‘dampness’ is when the builders took the roof out and it rained for a few days..

However I found a corner which has some fine roots knocking thru into the garage. Will have to check w builder if it can be killed and sealed off. This bit is between the houses, so the root can’t be from a big tree