Gap Between My Cooker & Worktop...

GangsterSte

Visit site
Hey,

Random first post, but glad to be here and hopefully this is the correct section to post in.

I seem to have a problem. I have a 5cm gap at both sides between my cooker and my worktop. Every now and then when I am preparing meals a piece of food will make a break for it and get stuck down there until I decide to pull the thing out to clean it. This doesn't happen a lot but it happens often enough to make me want to do something about it.

I was wondering if any of you have been in the same situation and what you did to remedy it?

Note: Please don't suggest buying a new cooker, or a new house haha, I posted this on another forum and that is the only answer I got.

Thanks for any help you guys can give,

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably need to maintain your spine angle while cooking. Keep your head down - make sure you see the food leave the pan and go on the plate.

Any food escaping through the gap is probably best removed by closing down the face on a seven iron.

Hope that helps! :thup:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was the kitchen fitted by a pro? Have you had any lesson? I find the linear method of chopping and cooking the best. Also aim point...

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Were you measured for both the cooker and the worktop or just the one?

Did you use a generic high street vendor or go to a more experienced pro?

And finally, where do you stand when the cooker is having food dropped down the side?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you're going to infil the gap with some worktop pieces, you would be better to slide the cooker to one of the sides and just have the one larger piece to infil. It would be stronger, thats for sure.

What sort of cooker is it?, and why is replacing it with a larger one not an option?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you're going to infil the gap with some worktop pieces, you would be better to slide the cooker to one of the sides and just have the one larger piece to infil. It would be stronger, thats for sure.

What sort of cooker is it?, and why is replacing it with a larger one not an option?

Your forum name just reminded me, we use to call the kitchen worktop the bunker
Just after the war :eek:.

GangsterSte

Visit site
Last edited: