Galvin green jackets

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm looking to get myself a new jacket and wanted a Galvin Green one but now I'm a little unsure about the sizes.

My old jacket is an XL (Sunderland and 6 yrs old) and fits nice, so tired a GG XL but found it very snug!! So tired an XXL and to be honest that didn't feel any bigger.

Shop didn't have anything bigger and would have to order in , so was wondering if GG are always on the small size or was the ones I tired on in AG just old stock or wrongly labeled ??

I don't mind getting whatever size needed but I don't like things tight across my chest, which the XXL was.

Cheers

Dellboy

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Where did you go for fitting, it might seem strange asking but the place I went ( golf support), showed me how to adjust the snugness of the coat. If the Velcro straps were not adjusted right you might not of been able to breathe never mind get it on.

Edit to say if it had Velcro on.

yup I bought mine for the golf but it will also be at City today with me.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought that gg come smaller but in reality they are a golf jacket and not supposed to feel like a normal jacket. The arms may feel shorter and it seems not to come down enough at the bottom (infront of your groin) but they are designed to be like that so the jacket is not in your way during you set up and swing.

I went with xl even though the xxl looked better. After numerous rounds I'm glad i went with the xl.

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
Someone will come on in a minute and tell you they have a different make and it does the same job but is cheaper:blah::blah:

not only cheaper but better. GG jackets are not the best in quality, comfort and reliability in my view, their trousers are exceptional though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree on the sizing. They are not snug so you do need at least one size up. Maybe the shape and styling are just not for you. I have one but if I needed to replace it I think I would go to another brand which is a little looser fitting.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
not only cheaper but better. GG jackets are not the best in quality, comfort and reliability in my view, their trousers are exceptional though.

Please let me know who makes a better waterproof jacket than GG?
I have 2, one is 9 years old, washed countless times and it is still 100% waterproof.

In addition, they are pretty silent and perfect to swing in.

To the OP mine are large and I either take a medium or large in other jackets.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My pro shop has loads of Galvin Green in stock, I just bought a sleeveless Drake top today, they are having a sale currently with 10% off internet prices for the Bank Holiday weekend, so only paid £55 for it, well pleased :thup:

Drake.jpg

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a drake wear it a lot very warm for the twilight rounds of golf :thup:

I have a normally wear a Large and my GG Gortex Jacket is in a large and is OK for me

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies.

I know there are cheaper jackets out there but I wanted the best and after talking to people, reading on here and general viewing online the Galvin Green range came out on top, so thats what I wanted, just a tad worried about the size issue.

My local pro hasn't got many in for me to try but he has a fellow pro who has a new GG Ace Jacket (2014 colours, black and white) in xxxl for sale and will send it up for me to try, he also said he would do it for £180, so hopefully it fits !!

(they both said that GG is normally one size smaller than many other makes)