Furlough question

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Hello.

I was on furlough but have been back at work for 2 weeks now. My mother-in-law has just had a test come back positive for COVID-19 as of today and last Friday my wife and two kids visited her house, staying in the garden and adhering to social distancing rules.

As a precaution we all got tested this evening.

My question is this, if my test comes back positive, can my boss put me back onto the furlough scheme (something he was actually talking about doing as business is struggling) or do I have to go on SSP? I've looked online but can't find anything concrete.

Thanks

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Furlough would be better financially for you
It’s for a minimum of 3 weeks so covers the isolation period plus

It’s no skin off your employers nose, I know others have done it

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As the OP has been furloughed before then he would not be a new entrant, or am I understanding that incorrectly?

its why i said probably, i expect that would be treated as a new entrant if been back to work but only an educated guess and not sure theres clear guidance on it as the full rules going forward still havent been published to my knowledge

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes you can be furloughed more than once, it needs to be for 3 weeks or more each time, and if you are being re-furloughed it probably needs to be done by Jun 10th before the scheme is closed to new entrants

Martin Lewis site a good place for info on this

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/04/employed-help-coronavirus-furlough/

Even if it's because of a positive test result? My boss reckons he can't and would have to put me on SSP. Like was mentioned, it would be massively better for me finacially.

Fingers crossed I get a negative result anyway!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Even if it's because of a positive test result? My boss reckons he can't and would have to put me on SSP. Like was mentioned, it would be massively better for me finacially.

Fingers crossed I get a negative result anyway!

dont think it has any bearing on furloughing, there will be plenty of people who have furloughed who have tested positive no doubt, if hes that worried the easy option would be for him to furlough you before the test result then cancel the furlough if it comes back negative ;)

and yes good luck with the test, fingers xxx'ed

edit:
it seems if you are furloughed before your test results you can then either remain on furlough or be switched to SSP. depending on how well you get on with your boss, being furloughed pre results would definitely be the best option for you and then cancelling the furlough if negative