Funerals

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a good un. Been to one today. I first met Jack/John when I rented his bungalow in seahouses and played some fantastic golf wi tricky trev, Baghead, etc.
It was a day where folk music took centre stage wi Morris dancing singing etc. I heard a folk song where A Person is buried by chairs. ?A fantastic day remembering John/ Jack Ave ad a good day remembering him., it doesn’t feel right but it feels right. ?
Thoughts me dears

Attachments

• E946174A-1A13-4449-BF10-17CB733CD646.jpeg
    E946174A-1A13-4449-BF10-17CB733CD646.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 36

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Two of the best ones that I have been to were for my outlaws’ old neighbours. Both times they booked a double slot at the crematorium, plenty of music, lots of stories but most importantly they included some of the faults and foibles of the departed, not just the good stuff. You celebrated the life of someone you knew warts and all, and I find those far better than the ones you walk out of wondering why the deceased, who you barely recognised from the eulogy, wasn’t canonised.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A few weeks ago we had the funeral for our first grandson, who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at 12 days old. The pain of that day, and the ones leading up to it is something I will carry for the rest of my life, and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
What a terribly awful thing to happen. Thoughts with you and your family.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, not for me. Hateful things. If someone gets something out of them then I'm happy for them. I've found everyone I've ever been to nothing more than an ordeal that's drained and aged me. If I can avoid going to any more for the rest of my days then I will.

My wife and I have stated that we won't have one, my FiL has come around to that way of thinking for himself as well.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The day of my wife's funeral was a lovely day with lots of old friends and family around a time to remind all of them of the things that made her life more enjoyable . A good wake at the pub afterwards and family home for the evening.
Plenty of days left in which to grieve.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most funerals I have been to have been a celebration of life and have resulted in many old friends, some who I have not seen for years, haiving a few beers and telling stories. For me the sadness has come before and after but not during. Before ai spoke at my dad's funeral I did say that the event was a celebration and that my speach would contain jokes and funny stories and that people should laugh and I felt that was important as people still feel odd about smiling and laughing on what has been drilled into them as a sombre occasion.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really feel for Saint H.

I want mine to be a celebration. Just been sorting outa couple of songs this month including ‘The Hills of Donegal’ for the great times in The Dubliner Tenerife and ‘500 Miles‘ by The Proclaimers’ which is the distance I will go!

Ashes are to be scattered over the 18th @ our Club as it has a long carry, spoilt may cards of mine, and it they will rest with my balls!

Celebration of my life.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
One of my Ten Pin bowling colleagues (Dave) died a couple of years back. I'd known him and his wife for nearly 40 years, and he was bowling in the months leading up to his death that he knew was coming, He was 78. On the invite it stated that Dave's wishes was that he wanted his fiends and family to come to his funeral in more colourful clothing than the usual black. This was a super idea, as it made everyone more relaxed and in a great mood to celebrate his life. I've told my wife that's what I want at mine.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At my wife's favourite Aunt's funeral the coffin disappeared to the music of Coat of Many Colours.
[Her son used to produce and direct many school and AmDram shows.]
I had to stifle a laugh when they sung the 'When I awoke, pulled back the curtain' bit.
She did have a great sense of humour and the family said she chose the music.