Fundraising ideas.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Hi all.

Just a quick one, what successful ideas has your club had that was supported by the members to raise funds?

Whether it be a weekly joker board or bonus ball to extra competitions, any ideas & suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
My club does the Bonus Ball, £1 a number, £30 to the winner, £19 to the club funds

also a blackout card every week, 50p a number, £20 to the winner £20 to club funds

It doesn't take long to raise a few quid.

Money is then used to help fund quiz nights etc.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We do a raffle every year to win a parking space outside the clubhouse for 12 months. Normally gets a few hundred entries and all it costs the club is the cost of making up a name sign to put in front of the space.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We do a raffle every year to win a parking space outside the clubhouse for 12 months. Normally gets a few hundred entries and all it costs the club is the cost of making up a name sign to put in front of the space.

Is the winner is allowed to sell his prize to another member?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

We have a dedicated reserved space next to the Captains' spaces, which we raffle off. Everyone writes their name on a fiver, and we draw one out at random, usually at the Captains' Drive In.

We also run sweepstakes for the majors, and while this is a winner take all to spend in the pro-shop, it could be done whereby winner takes half, charity/club gets half.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My previous club had 2 extras in every competition which raised money for the Captain's Charity.

Nearest The Pin - there was a sheet on the board for every medal and people signed up to provide the prize (value about £5) and then we paid 50p I think to enter it...surely worth a quid! Always nice to have something to go for even if the round was pants - captain nominated the hole it was on each time. Also a putting competition which ran through the season and the player with the best 3 putting performances won. So again it was 50p and again it was something to aim for if the main comp was passing you by. I recall playing with a youngster who was having a mare score-wise but we kept laughing and enjoying the round as she kept hitting the fringe and putting from there and as only putts on the green counted she was doing great :cool:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a car parking space raffle, also a Captain's Charity Day, which featured a challenge the pro on the first hole, an auction and a raffle in the evening, this season's was yesterday and raised over £3000.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
We had a captain's bunker at the par-3 12th at my old place; land in it, and you're fined a quid... fail to get out and it's another quid.

I think it got about £30 off me last season... I was never out of it. :eek:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a captain's bunker at the par-3 12th at my old place; land in it, and you're fined a quid... fail to get out and it's another quid.

I think it got about £30 off me last season... I was never out of it. :eek:

We have similar but you can buy a season ticket for a fiver!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a parking spot raffle and members. The problem I've found with these sort of things is that it's usually the same old faces putting their hand in their pockets to support and event, and usually they are the ones already supporting the club the most with their clubhouse and bar use. Of course you can't foist fundraising on anybody and all funds are essential to clubs in this climate so its an interesting balancing act. I would have thought more clubs would be doing stuff over and above what's been posted.