Fuerteventura later this week!

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Im lucky enough to be spending a week at the Sheraton Golf Resort & Spa which is attached to the Fuerteventura Golf Club and was wondering if anyone has played the course and linked up with any of the societies out there.

A couple of years ago I joined the Correlejo GS who were mainly a bunch of expats. Some great blokes out there but some you would think were living a life of misery!

I have got in touch with the Mustang Sally's GS who play both the Fuertevertur and Salinas and would be great to know how the Fuerteventura compares to Salina's. Also it looks very tight on an arial map with some
Shots over the surrounding villa's - I am guessing there are tall fences stopping those sort of shots though?

Would be great to hear any reviews or experiences out there?

Even better aomeone out there or knows anyone I can pick up a rental set/spare set from as I hear the course ones are ropey at best

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We spent 3 holidays there and loved the course. Only played Salinas once so that kind of tells the story! It's a bit of a mickey mouse course in comparison with some weird dog-legs and walks between greens/tees plus the hazards are all black lava rock chips which you don't get relief from! We played our own rules and took relief rather than ruin our clubs...

Fuerteventura Golf Course is stated as a championship course as think it once hosted the Spanish Open. From what I can recall it is fairly long and quite a few water hazards and deep ravines/ditches. We did manage to plonk some balls on patios and in swimming pools despite the tall fences!!

We both really liked the course and would go again but decided to give Portugal a go last year.