Free swing tips - new app called "Golfspace"

JacobGolf

Visit site
Hi all, have you seen the app "Golfspace" on AppStore? You can upload your swing in the app and get free swing advice from other golfers. Do you think this will work?

Larry long dog

Visit site
If the other golfers were pros it might?. I find nothing worse than golfers offering their opinion on my swing unless they’re qualified. That said I’ve got a mate off 1 who is trying his best to cure my chipping woes!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If the other golfers were pros it might?. I find nothing worse than golfers offering their opinion on my swing unless they’re qualified. That said I’ve got a mate off 1 who is trying his best to cure my chipping woes!

Try the drill below.
Try and hit the ball UNDER the shaft.
If you get it right, the ball will go over the shaft.
Note the high backswing and low follow through

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Try the drill below.

I am not saying this video is wrong but it brought back all kinds of horrible memories. I had in a lesson many years ago about my chipping doing drills nearly identical to this video and it completely ruined me.

The set up, movement & weight stacked on the lead side in video reminds me of when I was filmed. I got to a point with so much shaft lean & the ball towards the back of the stance ended up in me taking chunks out of the ground for a 10 yard chip, by introducing so much of the leading edge. The only shot I had when it worked was a drive down forward bumpy shot with no launch angle at all.

For me I re-found a much better technique (from another instructor) by understanding & using the bounce of the clubs, doing what they are designed to do. For me getting the feeling the hands and the head arrive to the ball at the same time gives me so much more margin for error and the ability to play lots of different styles of chipping and pitching.

To the OP: Basically what I would be getting at is go get a lesson face to face (or online with your actual video of your technique) instead of a bunch of random choppers on a golf app trying to be useful.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You should change your screen name to "Random Chopper" Bob!
I didn't call him specifically a random chopper at all though. I was referring in general to that app that was mentioned in the original post.

My quoted response was just a response to his video saying it brings back memories for me. My message started "I am not saying this video is wrong but it brought back all kinds of horrible memories "

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My quoted response was just a response to his video saying it brings back memories for me. My message started "I am not saying this video is wrong but it brought back all kinds of horrible memories "

For me I re-found a much better technique

So you'd say ball back in your stance, hands and weight forward and strike the ball with a descending blow isn't the best technique for you?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Try the drill below.

You're never going to hit the ball under the shaft until you've learnt how to blade one correctly.

D

Deleted member 29109

Dam

''learnt'' is correct
All these years I've been using ''learned'' :oops:
Either spelling is ok to use.

I really struggle with the technique you demonstrated. I tend to either fat or thin it.
I’m much better with the ball in the middle or ever so slightly forward with hands just a touch ahead.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Either spelling is ok to use.

I know, but ''learned'' is more common in the US

I really struggle with the technique you demonstrated. I tend to either fat or thin it.
I’m much better with the ball in the middle or ever so slightly forward with hands just a touch ahead.

The only way you can hit it fat or thin is if you sway onto your back foot and stay there.
Start with the weight mostly on your front side and keep it there.

D

Deleted member 23270

I know, but ''learned'' is more common in the US

The only way you can hit it fat or thin is if you sway onto your back foot and stay there.
Start with the weight mostly on your front side and keep it there.
That's the old method, nowadays it's central ball position, upright shaft and use the bounce. Your method is fine if you can chip but if you can chip why would you need to watch a video to show you how.