Free bets be careful - bad William Hill experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Last year I placed a series of bets totalling £30 with William Hill for The Masters. As a result I gained a £30 free bet that was allocated to my account after The Masters. This had to be used by end of May so I used it on a football bet placing £30 on West Ham to finish in the top 6. I checked the bet had been placed and also went into my account in December when we were sitting pretty. Just checked after last weekend and the bet has vanished.

Not getting any real help or assistance from William Hill and as it was a free bet no bank transaction with my only record being the details on my account that have vanished.

So as we enter the betting season if you do get a free bet make sure you take a screenshot so you don't get screwed over like me.

Tiger

Money List Winner
Completely vanished Val. Part of me wonders if it disappeared in the New Year as I've only just logged into my account in 2016 to look at Masters odds. I can't understand why there would be a time limit in the T&Cs yet it allowed me to place the long term bet I did.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds wrong, as you say if the bet had to be placed and won within a certain time period - why did they let you place it? I'd keep at it until the bet was reinstated. Then you can go back to worrying about how the Hammers see out the season :)

dougajmcdonald

Club Champion
www.dougmcdonald.co.uk
Some free bets have terms in terms of when they have to be place and settled.

Also, the search interface on some sites isn't the best, I thought I'd lost a £5 bet on Leicester to win the leagues, but I was just looking at the wrong date range!

Tiger

Money List Winner
Some free bets have terms in terms of when they have to be place and settled.

Also, the search interface on some sites isn't the best, I thought I'd lost a £5 bet on Leicester to win the leagues, but I was just looking at the wrong date range!

Definitely not on my account. Wonder if it's an issue with settlement? Continuing to ask the question. Knowing my luck William Hill will reinstate then we'll lose to Utd and finish 7th :(

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Even if there were T&C's and they invalidated the bet it should still show in the transactions I would have thought. Have you googled to see if anyone else has had the same experience ?

Tiger

Money List Winner
What's this got to do with golf, other than the tenuous link to a bet on the Masters?

That people will most likely be placing bets on golf soon. That they might want to take advantage of free bet offers. That if they do based on my experience I'd recommend taking a screenshot or noting down the bet reference number in case this happens to them. Is that enough of a link?

D

Deleted member 1740

William hill are a nightmare imo, quick enough taking your money and settling losing bets but when you win and want to withdraw you need to jump through hoops.

I'd get in touch with them and ask them to look into it. Every bet placed should be in your history. I'd be inclined to call them rather than their live chat or email.

Vardon11LDN

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
When a friend of mine has a problem and is being ignored by big companies he hounds them on Twitter. You would be amazed how quickly some companies act when you are putting negtive stuff out in the public domain. Worth a try

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When a friend of mine has a problem and is being ignored by big companies he hounds them on Twitter. You would be amazed how quickly some companies act when you are putting negtive stuff out in the public domain. Worth a try

Had similar success with companies like Redrow when we were having issues with our house. Shoddy customer service treatment but as soon as it's on social media they seem to react. Shouldn't need to be this way and there are loads of great companies out there but agree it might be worth a go, although best keep it civil

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That people will most likely be placing bets on golf soon. That they might want to take advantage of free bet offers. That if they do based on my experience I'd recommend taking a screenshot or noting down the bet reference number in case this happens to them. Is that enough of a link?

Meh, not for me. Don't get me wrong, it is an interesting enough topic and one worthy of a post, just perhaps in the out of bounds section. But hey, I'm not a mod so if they want to move it, they will.

I just thought it was specifically relating to a free golf bet, but you talk about a football wager.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why would a company give away £30 without a clause? Answer: they wouldn't - Read throughly through the T&A's. I'm sure there's a clause in there that allows them to get away with it.

Tiger

Money List Winner
Why would a company give away £30 without a clause? Answer: they wouldn't - Read throughly through the T&A's. I'm sure there's a clause in there that allows them to get away with it.

What a clause that says if it looks like your free bet might actually win it will mysteriously vanish from your account?????

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't go anywhere near free bets or bonuses. They screw you over. I signed up to Ladbrooks and was offered a matched deposit. Deposited 50, and instantly had £100 in my account. Went on roulette, won some, lost some got down to about £45 when I went on a mega streak and hit about 7 numbers in a row. Went to cash out the £450 and it wouldnt let me. I phoned them up and they said as I've used £5 of the bonus money, in order to cash out I need to wager 25 times the bonus amount.... £1250!

Absolute joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.