For anyone remotely interested....

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
It's Eurovision time again tonight!

I have not the slightest interest in this televisual spew which seems to keep our Eastern European cousins rivetted and in a state of mild hysteria.

This must be the most biased contest ever.

If the country of your birth lies east of Germany and ends in ia, you have a chance.
If you hail from what I class as "a proper" European country, that doesn't eat coarse fish and is quite content to live in your own country without feeling the need to economically migrate..........no chance.

Happy viewing, I'll be watching the golf! :rolleyes:

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's Eurovision time again tonight!

I have not the slightest interest in this televisual spew which seems to keep our Eastern European cousins rivetted and in a state of mild hysteria.

This must be the most biased contest ever.

If the country of your birth lies east of Germany and ends in ia, you have a chance.
If you hail from what I class as "a proper" European country, that doesn't eat coarse fish and is quite content to live in your own country without feeling the need to economically migrate..........no chance.

Happy viewing, I'll be watching the golf! :rolleyes:

Watched it and frankly it's the last time I ever will as i'm inclined to agree with your comments.

UK comes last.

Complete load of tosh from beginning to end. I don't even know why we bother. Perhaps we should take the Italian line and just pull out.

Not only pull out of Eurovision but pull out of europe completely! We pump billions of £ in this disperate and uncomfortable 'alliance' of 'allies' and for what? so the balkans can thumb their noses at us while taking our shilling both nationally and domestically.

This result speaks volumes about europe on so many levels.

A complete farce.

Enough! :mad:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Russia,a bit of a shayne ward perfomance with a shocking iceskater and musician all stood in a little round ice rink. I thought the greece singer was a bit of all right.
I think the UK got two votes, Ireland and san marino if I remember rightly, what I found strange though was that France got a vote in virtually every nation but ended up mid table when greece and russia missed votes totally occasionally.
The final song played before the votes, I missed the country but what the hell was that all about? a bunch of what looked like gypsies singing/shouting, then talking, then singing and shouting and just when you thought it was over, they burst into another round of aforementioned.
Terry Wogan was 100% spot on, this is totally bisaed into who does favours for who, greece/cyprus votes, spain/andorra and then theres the balkans... dear oh dear.

The voting made me smile at times, the girl that got the scoring wrong, cute but a little gormless and then the swedish guy (I think he was swedish) who stuttered his way through the scoring, I guess he doesnt respond well to live pressures.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have on occasion watched this. Quite why I don't know, possibly 'hid' or lack of anything else on the box in the days before golf. The little I saw of this one, which was unfortunately the pre-voting 'entertainment' which included a walk-on basketball player (?) and the 'voting' itself, was the worst ever - bring back 'Norvege nil point'.

we, france and germany largely fund this trash. we should cut all funding to it immediately (though since the next one will be in moscow we won't).

has no-one told the eastern euros that the purpose of having a microphone is so you don't have to shout?