Footjoy - Icons So is this a good purchase?

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
just bought myself some Footjoy Icons that were reduced to £99 pounds.

they just feel so nice and the full leather element really seems like they will stay looking fresh and tidy for much longer than my AQls so long as i keep the dubbin on them!

can anyone give me a bit more info, basically on how Icons compared to the cheaper end of the footjoy selection, as that is all i know so far. ive never spent a ton on golf shoes before, always around 50.

the style/colours of Icons are as per this link

http://answers.golfsmith.com/answer...hoes-fj-52187-questions-answers/questions.htm

Phil

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
just bought myself some Footjoy Icons that were reduced to £99 pounds.

they just feel so nice and the full leather element really seems like they will stay looking fresh and tidy for much longer than my AQls so long as i keep the dubbin on them!

can anyone give me a bit more info, basically on how Icons compared to the cheaper end of the footjoy selection, as that is all i know so far. ive never spent a ton on golf shoes before, always around 50.

the style/colours of Icons are as per this link

http://answers.golfsmith.com/answer...hoes-fj-52187-questions-answers/questions.htm

Phil

Sounds like a bargain to me. Depending where you shopped their original RRP was around the £120-150 mark and they are a very comfy shoe. I've a few Icons (myjoy though) and they feel great straight out of the box. If they get wet I recommend packing old newspaper in them to soak up the moisture and let them dry naturally. They come witha one year guarantee anyway. Enjoy

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a bargain to me. Depending where you shopped their original RRP was around the £120-150 mark and they are a very comfy shoe. I've a few Icons (myjoy though) and they feel great straight out of the box. If they get wet I recommend packing old newspaper in them to soak up the moisture and let them dry naturally. They come witha one year guarantee anyway. Enjoy

thanks for the tip homer, i know that you know, your shoes :)

so natural dry all the time? do they take much breaking in(ive never had a pair of shoes that have ever taken any breaking in before lol)

My BIL have just bought a pair for £75 , Half price at a local golf course, wish I needed them would have got a pair myself..

doh, oh well, these are gorgeous, i will let that comfort me in the face of your sickeningly low price check!

Phil

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Friend of mine bought a pair of Icons on my recommendation in Scotland, straight onto the course , and absolutely no problems. As long as you got the right size you will be fine. I find all golf shoes very narrow so keep an eye out for the wide fitting footjoy bargains.