The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've not seen another team in this tournament control a game like England just did.

Yes there are other teams to play. But that was a masterclass in managing a game and saving energy. We made the World Cup finalists and some of the best players in Europe look bang average.

did you watch the italy game?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
His penalty winning record is more impressive. Spends half his life lying on the grass looking pleadingly at the ref.

That’s modern day football though all the forward players do that, makes me laugh on here you can slag off a player of a certain team for diving/ cheating and you can guarantee your team will have a player that does the same.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not seen another team in this tournament control a game like England just did.

Yes there are other teams to play. But that was a masterclass in managing a game and saving energy. We made the World Cup finalists and some of the best players in Europe look bang average.

Italy were quite good ;). Belgium did ok ;). But I do agree with you. :cool:

D

Deleted member 15344

Great run though - come on some credit when it's due...
The ball was great into him but the run was superb and made it easier to take the ball in his stride , was a scrappy finish but it’s maybe what he needs to get him confident again

They certainly overall need to play a lot lot better than that to get past the likes of France - the lack of width isn’t great and Kane is a superb goalscorer - he needs to be the focal point higher to get them going forward , many times he was dropping into areas that Mount works in , all the talent is there for England - just needs to be applied correctly

And does Ferdinand get worse as a pundit each game

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s only the 4/5th game so far - don’t think throwing words like “masterclass” around will do any favours

Italy were impressive against a very young highly rated Turkey team and Belguim cruised missing their best player
They got the win , they did well in parts but when your best players are the CB and Defensive Mids it’s showing much

Yes they were in the World Cup final but that was three years ago - in their last 13 games they have only won 4 - been on a very poor run

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We play so much better without Liverpool players in the team ??

Great game

Need to take our chances

Would like to see grealish in the next one

Well played

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Are you absolutely certain you watched the Italy game??
Have to say though that expected more from Croatia ( a lot more! ). But, fair play to 'Engerlund' they did what they had to do and looked comfortable doing it:sick:;)
Now all the hype and bollocks kicks in:poop:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ball was great into him but the run was superb and made it easier to take the ball in his stride , was a scrappy finish but it’s maybe what he needs to get him confident again

They certainly overall need to play a lot lot better than that to get past the likes of France - the lack of width isn’t great and Kane is a superb goalscorer - he needs to be the focal point higher to get them going forward , many times he was dropping into areas that Mount works in , all the talent is there for England - just needs to be applied correctly

And does Ferdinand get worse as a pundit each game

Yesterday it was Anthony Taylor today it’s Rio Ferdinand.
Is there anyone you won’t slag off

RichA

Visit site
That’s modern day football though all the forward players do that, makes me laugh on here you can slag off a player of a certain team for diving/ cheating and you can guarantee your team will have a player that does the same.
Don't like it when any of them do it. When I'm watching England, he is the captain of my team. I cringed when Mount "won" that free kick on the edge of the area too.
Just giving my opinion that Kane was always better when he used his energy looking for goals rather than falling over and getting up off the grass.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We played well and can only beat who is in front of you.
I was also disappointed in Croatia especially the forwards they caused us very little trouble.
Sterling scores goal where he dosnt have time to think, if you give him time he makes a mess of it but I thought he played well today.
Phillips MOM for me but A mention for Mount .
Kane is to deep and he’s out of the game by not being in the box. That might work at Spurs but didn’t today.
A great start let’s just hope we carry on winning.

Modric is a joy to watch but sadly hasn’t got the quality around him anymore.