Foot position, all clubs.

Wooky

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have been experimenting lately with different foot positions.
I find my golf is totally transformed when I align myself parallel to the target, but flare out my lead (left) foot & draw it back approx 4 inches or so, couple this with a shortened backswing, produces some really good golf (for me anyway)

I find my shots are crisper & more accurate, with a slight increase in distance over the norm for me.
Doing this seems to allow me to get a better release & stops my bad habit of swinging around the body & cutting across the ball.

Does anyone else use a similar set up or am I just odd?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wooky my pro had me doing exactly the same thing with regards flaring the left foot and many video's advocate the same. Also reducing the backswing prevents losing the club on the backswing (so I am told) and like you if I use a full swing I get a bit stuck and tend to cast the club.

If it works carry on :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have always stood square - old skool but my pro has been trying to get me to turn my feet out to promote a better turn. Hard after so many years but you have to go with the guy who knows best and I'm trying hard to feel comfy this way. Not easy after 30+ years