follow through

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was told today by my playing partner that i've started to quit on the ball , and i'm not following through. So is there any light exersises or drills i can use to help me get through the ball better? .
Remember i'm old ,tubby ok fatish and have back problems, so please be gentle. no diets . thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was told today by my playing partner that i've started to quit on the ball , and i'm not following through. So is there any light exersises or drills i can use to help me get through the ball better? .
Remember i'm old ,tubby ok fatish and have back problems, so please be gentle. no diets . thank you in advance.

Phew!!! Though this might be about an accident :D

I'm sure i saw a video before about this and the tip was to imagine there was a piece of timber about a foot in front of the ball, the aim was to smash the timber hard, this in turn makes you accelerate through the ball. Not sure now but sort of makes sense.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phew!!! Though this might be about an accident :D

I'm sure i saw a video before about this and the tip was to imagine there was a piece of timber about a foot in front of the ball, the aim was to smash the timber hard, this in turn makes you accelerate through the ball. Not sure now but sort of makes sense.
I've had a few close calls trying to exert more power . I'll try your drill next time out . thanks.
ps if you would like a game at b/hill . let me know . we can get hendo back and make a 4 ball , hopefully he can do better:rofl: . cheers

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The problem tends to be coming down fast from the top then slowing down through impact. I think the simplest way to fix it is to just think of your downswing as having a start and finish. One over your right shoulder and the second over your left shoulder. Make sure you get to both of them.

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've had a few close calls trying to exert more power . I'll try your drill next time out . thanks.
ps if you would like a game at b/hill . let me know . we can get hendo back and make a 4 ball , hopefully he can do better:rofl: . cheers

No bother William, that would be ideal :thup: I'll need to speak to Hendo to find out what happened last time :D

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem tends to be coming down fast from the top then slowing down through impact. I think the simplest way to fix it is to just think of your downswing as having a start and finish. One over your right shoulder and the second over your left shoulder. Make sure you get to both of them.
I'll give it a try , but my old body is trying to protect itself, by not turning fully . I thought maybe there was some indoor routines i could try . btw Your last two sentences took me back donkeys , if you get my drift. cheers

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The old 'hit the imaginary ball 6 inches in front of the real one' helps. Also a deliberately shorter back-swing - fools the brain into thinking it has to swing further.

Flipping/Early Release is the big danger that 'quitting' on it can bring. Thinking 'back over the bowler's head' can be good for cricket swings, though 'cover drive' is not good - as it's the 'quit' - and cricket thoughts are generally bad thoughts for golf.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The old 'hit the imaginary ball 6 inches in front of the real one' helps. Also a deliberately shorter back-swing - fools the brain into thinking it has to swing further.

Flipping/Early Release is the big danger that 'quitting' on it can bring. Thinking 'back over the bowler's head' can be good for cricket swings, though 'cover drive' is not good - as it's the 'quit' - and cricket thoughts are generally bad thoughts for golf.
How many innuendos can you have,