Flipping the club on impact

dsanders9944

Medal Winner
www.bdgolf.tv
Just thought I would share this with others. After 25 years of playing golf my bad shot has always been a pull and many pro's had always told me it was my downswing plane being from out to in. Until recently I changed to a new pro who told me I was flipping the club too much on impact and it was the club face causing the ball to pull. I had been taught the baseball swing previously that had got me very fixated on the club head and rotating it with my hands especially through the impact zone. My current pro told me to focus on swinging the grip end of the club with my forearms instead of thinking about swinging club head with my hands. If anyone else is struggling with the same problem take a look at his clip as it completely stopped me from flipping it [video=youtube_share;CWicT7r9ETI]http://youtu.be/CWicT7r9ETI[/video]

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that, I suffer from flippy hands too, my body stops turning on the way down and the hands take over hence a very high ball flight. I'll give this a go though, it makes sense at least.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I spent years believing the myth that the ball starts out in the same direction as the swing path & trying to correct a pull by swinging more from the inside. If you understand physics (which I thought I did!) you realise that the ball goes off at right angles to the clubface and that the relation between swingpath & face determines whether you hook, slice or hit it straight. Realising that has improved my game no end. Well done your pro for hitting the nail on the head.