• SIM2 10.5 driver, Diamana DF 70 TX
  • SIM2 13.5 Rocket #3 fairway, Diamana DF 70TX
  • SIM2 18.5 #5 fairway, Diamana DF 80TX
  • P7TF proto 3-PW, Project X 6.5
  • TP5X (2021) #19
* He continues to test TaylorMade wedges and putters

D

Deleted member 21445

Tommy was a junior member at Southport and Ainsdale GC back in the day and his dad (always caddying for him ) used to ask me to occasionally play a few holes with him.
He was knee high to a grasshopper.

Incredible to see what he has gone on to achieve and seems to have stayed the same nice lad which is even nicer to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunshine

Visit site
Quite a funny little video..

His WITB
  • SIM2 10.5 driver, Diamana DF 70 TX
  • SIM2 13.5 Rocket #3 fairway, Diamana DF 70TX
  • SIM2 18.5 #5 fairway, Diamana DF 80TX
  • P7TF proto 3-PW, Project X 6.5
  • TP5X (2021) #19
* He continues to test TaylorMade wedges and putters

That is a funny video. Fair play to Tommy (y)

Judging by the bearded guy in the tour truck, I'm guessing it was filmed in the US :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've no logic to this but somehow it seems a very good fit. Taylormade have quite an entourage right now. The company charity golf day must be pretty tasty.

evemccc

Visit site
Tommy was a junior member at Southport and Ainsdale GC back in the day and his dad (always caddying for him ) used to ask me to occasionally play a few holes with him.
He was literally only knee high to a grasshopper.

Incredible to see what he has gone on to achieve and seems to have stayed the same nice lad which is even nicer to see.

Good post. Like Fleetwood, always comes across v well

But....”literally”? ?

evemccc

Visit site
He was literally only knee high to a grasshopper.

How good was he at the age you knew him? And what was it that excelled at his game...ball striking, course mgmt, putting, distance etc?

D

Deleted member 21445

How good was he at the age you knew him? And what was it that excelled at his game...ball striking, course mgmt, putting, distance etc?

He was only 10 or 11 years old.
It was obvious that he was very good for his age and had exceptional natural talent but it was far too early to say he was destined for being one of the best players in the world.

I stopped playing not long after that to try a different sport, friends at the club tell me by the time he was 15/16 it was very obvious where he was heading