Fixing divots

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
in my back garden.... before the wife noticed.

From someone who knows nothing about gardening, any diy tips on how to fix patches on the grass.

Bear in mind it’s coming into winter.
Throw down grass seed and some sand? Does it matter what type of sand?

Help!

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Blame the dog? Seriously though I don't have a clue how you'll get away with that one short of spruiking for a weekend away to keep her happy!! Not much point throwing seed in November ....

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Any sharp sand and some seed, even some seed mixed into compost will work.

I used to use a winter matt for chipping off of. Now I have space for a net in my back garden I am seriously contemplating buying/building my own net. Would be great for winter practice and save me a trip to the range.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do as you would on a golf course. Put the divots back in to the holes and they will repair themselves in a few days.

Other wise it is a mix of soil sand and grass seed but do not expect it to germinate at this time of year, it's too cold.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any sharp sand and some seed, even some seed mixed into compost will work.

I used to use a winter matt for chipping off of. Now I have space for a net in my back garden I am seriously contemplating buying/building my own net. Would be great for winter practice and save me a trip to the range.

I want to do the same. Often you’ll find people giving away old trampolines on gumtree. I reckon you could use the poles and netting from those to construct something.

Only problem with net is you don’t see the ball flight.

I have a mat too but I like to use the grass for chipping.

Do as you would on a golf course. Put the divots back in to the holes and they will repair themselves in a few days.

Other wise it is a mix of soil sand and grass seed but do not expect it to germinate at this time of year, it's too cold.

That’s what I was afraid of. I might have to wait until spring.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Search back through the for sale forum, someone had a fantastic set up for sale. I was going to buy it but I’m short I’m going to be taking a break from the game so it was pointless