fitting question.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
when i was fitted for my Yonex irons [many thanks GM] I was 2 degrees upright ,now when i was fitted for my driver [many thanks the other GM]
I was fitted with a stiff shaft ,it was a red tie matrix fitted to a SLDR .
now with all the different settings on modern drivers draw ,fade, neutral ,and various lofts you can put on the club ,does this move the upright or flat nature of a driver ,i dont know so its over to you more informed than me to enlighten me .
does being 2 upright with irons mean that my driver should be the same or dont drivers have this choice ,are we all being sold an off the shelf lie that is standard to the manufacturer.
i might well be asking a stupid question ,but you never hear of a driver being bent to say 2 degrees flat
over to you guys.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Modern drivers are comparatively upright anyway, its a less ugly version of the face sitting closed to combat the average right miss. Lie angle still has an effect when not striking the ground as affects the direction the loft is pointing, take an iron and hold a pen against the face, then tilt the face and you will see what I mean.