First Post - TM R11 vs. Callaway X-Hot vs. Callaway X-22

Jbrown2001

Hacker
Visit site
Afternoon All,

New to the forum and wanted to pick some experienced brains on a set of clubs. I'm a high handicapper ~28 after only having really played a few games socially / no lesson etc. Starting this evening I'm now enlisted in a six week course and am looking to invest in set of irons to get into the sport.

I'm currently looking at a second hand set, could anyone offer and recommendations on the TM R11 vs. Callaway X-Hot vs. Callaway X-22? I'm currently tempted with the R11's after reading a few reviews but as I'm new to the game, I thought best to ask those more experienced.

Thanks for your time,

Joseph

Jbrown2001

Hacker
Visit site
Alternately if there's another brand/model within the <£250 bracket (second hand) that you think would be a great fit, feel free to share your experience.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They are all much of a muchness, you will be better served asking the Pro for advice at your lesson.

D

Deleted member 18121

Try and hit them all.... Buy whichever set works best for you. Don't get sucked in by the names etc.... Golf is about performance.

D

Deleted member 1147

Afternoon All,

New to the forum and wanted to pick some experienced brains on a set of clubs. I'm a high handicapper ~28 after only having really played a few games socially / no lesson etc. Starting this evening I'm now enlisted in a six week course and am looking to invest in set of irons to get into the sport.

I'm currently looking at a second hand set, could anyone offer and recommendations on the TM R11 vs. Callaway X-Hot vs. Callaway X-22? I'm currently tempted with the R11's after reading a few reviews but as I'm new to the game, I thought best to ask those more experienced.

Thanks for your time,

Joseph

It may be worth looking on one of the 2nd hand websites like Golfbidder for some game improvement/beginner clubs.
Thinks like the Ping G series are good for beginners as they are perimeter weighted (cavity backs), to help get the ball airbourne, and make miss hits slightly less destructive.
Local club pros may have some 2nd hand clubs they are selling on for a member - they should be able to advise as well

D

Deleted member 1147

Also, some of the cheaper brands can be very good - Benross make good clubs which are cheaper but of high quality.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or keep your eye on the direct golf web site. Been selling Adams Blue sets for under £200 at times and that it is for 6 irons and 2 hybrids. Great for someone starting out.

Jbrown2001

Hacker
Visit site
It may be worth looking on one of the 2nd hand websites like Golfbidder for some game improvement/beginner clubs.
Thinks like the Ping G series are good for beginners as they are perimeter weighted (cavity backs), to help get the ball airbourne, and make miss hits slightly less destructive.
Local club pros may have some 2nd hand clubs they are selling on for a member - they should be able to advise as well

Hi James, funnily enough it's Golfbidder that I used to initially pinpoint that selection of irons. Thanks for the advice, I'll look into the Pings. I believe the R11's are also quite forgiving.