First ever Competition tomorrow

beduffshirl

Hacker
Visit site
Got my first ever comp tomorrow morning. Teeing off in the first 4ball at 6:58 !!
Blythe Somers – Texas Scramble Pairs
· 1/5th combined handicap – to one decimal place from final stroke play score.
· 6 drives minimum each
· 2nd to play can Place everywhere within 6 inches.
· White Tees – Men & Red Tees – Ladies

My buddy is off 9 and I'm off 28. Really looking forward to it. He has given me a broad outline of how it will hopefully go but any tips apprectiated...

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My first was a medal, 103 and included a 5 putt, if that happens you know things can only get better!

Competitions are fun but take time to get used to, look to build momentum in them between now and next summer and you will be fine.

As for a scramble, take your time, it’s a slow game at times and if you rush decisions it can become messy and even slower!

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Got my first ever comp tomorrow morning. Teeing off in the first 4ball at 6:58 !!
Blythe Somers – Texas Scramble Pairs
· 1/5th combined handicap – to one decimal place from final stroke play score.
· 6 drives minimum each
· 2nd to play can Place everywhere within 6 inches.
· White Tees – Men & Red Tees – Ladies

My buddy is off 9 and I'm off 28. Really looking forward to it. He has given me a broad outline of how it will hopefully go but any tips apprectiated...

Good luck! I'm playing my first card for handicap tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope you enjoy the the day and best of luck.

Joined the forum in 2009 first comp 2020 what have you been doing with your life?:D

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Enjoy the day and don’t worry about duffing shots. You’ll soon realise that everyone does it, including very good players.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you have not already started............use your six drives ASAP anything decent play it.
Remember your buddy will be feeding off your handicap so just try and play normally.......don't push or extend yourself.
Relax breath and enjoy, you only need to hit about a dozen decent shots.