First Cut of the Year!!

Happy_Gilmore

Club Champion
Visit site
All, I'm a happy man this morning and just thought I'd share the happiness with you all!!

First cut of the year yesterday, 39 Points in the monthly stableford, played the back 9 in +4 and cut 0.6

Happy Happy Days!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good Golfing fella, Life is great when everything comes together! Hope you keep the form going.

Come on big yourself up, what was your shot of the day?

How are the Wilson Fat shafts going for you? I had some when I started out, the heads are huge on them. You have some good kit in your bag.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well played Mate. Happy days indeed.
Not an easy course either.
Tell us how you played the 9th in particular. Very memorable hole. Elevated tee, looking down on a sliver of land between two lochs. Absolute nightmare if you're not driving straight. (Take my word for it.)

Happy_Gilmore

Club Champion
Visit site
I've started taking 6 iron of both the 9th and the 10th.

middle of the fairway on 9 yesterday and a 5 iron into the green which i just missed on the right side.

The Fat Shafts are ok, if I get down to low teens by the end of the year I'm treating myself to a custom fit from the boys at Mizuno!

Best shot yesterday was a wedge on 11 from the trees on the right to about 6 foot to save par!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
The grips are shocking on the Fat Shafts, they are like ice and really fat and ugly. Sounds to be like you’re already capable of playing with some better irons. What you playing off now?

Happy_Gilmore

Club Champion
Visit site
cut to 17 yesterday

I actually quite like them to be honest, I've only had them a year and they really have brought my game on a good bit.

If I keep going the way I am then I'll be looking for new ones before the summer is out, only problem being that the missus will want something new to compensate also!!