Fifa 21

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all,

My sons keep challenging me and destroying me on the ps4 at this game. As a dad I need to get my edge back and absolutely wipe the floor with them or at least score 1 goal to there 10??

How the hell do I shoot properly in this game, everything I do is either skied higher than a golf ball or hit with the power of the weakest thing you can think off.

People of the forum i beg you, help me defeat my 12 and 14 year old children ?

If I only get this one thing for Christmas, it will do me for the next 20 years ????

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've never particularly enjoyed football games or played them very often. But something with the shooting changed around around FiFA 19. Haven't scored a goal since, just can't get it right.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There's a setting that's been on fifa since 19 which allows for an amazing shot, the problem is it's a poweresque bar that if you don't get it right it'll be shocking. You can turn that off in settings.

Hint - don't hold onto run all the time. and if you press shoot followed quickly by pass then you dummy the shot- so many soft goals scored by that naughty combo.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Evening all,

My sons keep challenging me and destroying me on the ps4 at this game. As a dad I need to get my edge back and absolutely wipe the floor with them or at least score 1 goal to there 10??

How the hell do I shoot properly in this game, everything I do is either skied higher than a golf ball or hit with the power of the weakest thing you can think off.

If I only get this one thing for Christmas, it will do me for the next 20 years ????

Not all wishes can come true. You will never beat them, your life will be a lot less painful when you learn to accept that...???

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Evening all,

Hold down RB and the shoot button when entering the box (your player will slow down though so don't hang about), it's called the finesse shot and aim it to the corners, long shots rarely work unless you have players with +90 shooting.

My kids still own me but I can hold my own. Generally we play the 3 of us on the same team.

One simple tactic is to too have fast wide players and run down and cross using the Y button in to the box and tap in, most of my goals are like this.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never particularly enjoyed football games or played them very often. But something with the shooting changed around around FiFA 19. Haven't scored a goal since, just can't get it right.
The new games have been trash since then anyway. Fifa 12 up to around 15 were pretty good, since then they've got progressively worse. The last one I bothered buying was 19 actually, it was so bad I haven't bought one since. I'm still on the Reddit community for it, judging by that the new game is a glitch-filled travesty.

To answer the OP, I'm afraid it's a bit of an age thing. Your reactions are just slower. I even noticed it myself as I used to be pretty good at football games in my late teens/early 20s, but now not so much. Your thing with the shooting that you mention is that you're holding it too long when you sky it, or just tapping it to get the weak shots, and it can be hard to get the happy medium really. I think I use to try and do it as a quick count in my head, like saying "1, 2" quite quickly might be roughly the right amount of time to hold the button for - bit of trial and error I guess.

You could also try some of the more annoying strategies, such as continually passing the ball around so they can't get it off you, or when you're through on goal, instead of shooting, always look for the second striker who may be running alongside so you can square the pass to him for an easy tap-in.

Learn one skill move that's easy to do and works. On a couple of the old games I used to play it was the ball roll, just holding the right analog stick to one side (down or up technically, since you'd be running acrossways) he would roll the ball sideways and you could beat 70% of oncoming challenges that way.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Pick an argument with them, ban them from playing for 12 months, practice every night after they've gone to bed and if you're lucky you might just nick a goal the first time you play with them next Christmas

Or just enjoy losing ??

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pick an argument with them, ban them from playing for 12 months, practice every night after they've gone to bed and if you're lucky you might just nick a goal the first time you play with them next Christmas

Or just enjoy losing ??

Even my practice goes wrong mate ??

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mentioned above, learn the finesse finish just inside the box. Also don’t hold the shoot button too long and make sure the striker is shooting with their best foot. And have a defensive, counter attacker mentality! I’m not brilliant but got to Div 3 online in FIFA20...above that, they are just too good!!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Google "Fifa Square".

For the last 5 years or so fifa has been more about running with the ball. My brother hates playing me as he's clearly the better player, but because I play more pass and move I can still find space.

Get in the box. Little sideways pass and tap it in. I probably only win 30% of the time, but I certai ly get more respectable scoreline than if I try and play him at his own game.