FedEx Cup - BMW Championship

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some cracking golf being played early on at the BMW. Most notably by Big Cat who just shot the lights out on the front nine shooting 29. Easily the best nine holes I've seen him play since his return, his iron play is just on another level right now and with the Scotty back in the back he's rolling it beautifully. Interestingly it's his lowest nine-holes since the '07 Tour Championship - he won by 8 that week.

Nice to see Rickie back out there and playing nicely as well, has been away with an injury the last few weeks and has come straight back in on form shooting -4 on the front. When he's on it he's a joy to watch on the greens, love that putting stroke.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh, and there are REAL low scores out there this week. Tommy Fleetwood shot 60 in the Pro-Am yesterday playing with the NLU boys.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lucky Furyk has already picked 3 of his wildcards. Phil might have been sweating even more if he hadn't, proper stinking it up.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
been watching Tiger closely today ,he is hitting it great ,but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is it just me but have i seen him grimace slightly when picking his ball out of the hole ,,and after hitting his tee shots he dosent look to be moving smoothly. .i very much hope im wrong but when i mentioned it to the wife she said she thought the same thing as me ..

D

Deleted member 15344

Rory doing well and also Stenson

Is it me or does it look like the fairways are very very wide - not seeing anyone missing the fairway and that’s even with watching some players who look like they are played a poor shot from the tee yet ends in the fairway - must be having a shocker if you are over par , looks like must be 70% of the field under par

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
been watching Tiger closely today ,he is hitting it great ,but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is it just me but have i seen him grimace slightly when picking his ball out of the hole ,,and after hitting his tee shots he dosent look to be moving smoothly. .i very much hope im wrong but when i mentioned it to the wife she said she thought the same thing as me ..

Nope. Looks exactly the same as he has in basically every event so far. He's healthy.

D

Deleted member 15344

And then they have a 245 yard par 3 downhill to a green players seen to be unable to hold ?! Seems a ridiculous hole and course - wide open one minute and then a stupid par 3 - seems a perfect PGA Champ course

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s been class watching Rory make them last 2 birdies

Oh wait we watched Spieth Fowler Woods DJ Rose and DeChambeu stand around for 30 mins

D

Deleted member 15344

Wow another chance for Rory - this could be a special round for him - some great birdie chances ahead - maybe a 60 or lower, striking the ball very well and wedges look sharp. Shame Sky blowing smoke up Tigger instead

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can’t be often you shoot 62 in the 1st round and you’re not leading. Excellent round from Tiger nonetheless, nice to see him getting the low score his play deserved.