Fed up. hip slide related

Bobirdie

Journeyman Pro
www.williamsdoubleglazing.co.uk
Had the same problem for years im always battling a hip slide on the downswing. Been working on my turn this year and now my arms are getting stuck leaving me with a 30 yard push. I know its mainly timing. But anyone got any decent drills ???

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A problem im continually fighting too (lack of hip turn which can lead to hip travel). One drill that can work is when hitting balls if you put a plastic garden chair (or similar) an inch or 2 from your left leg (towards the target) and then hit shots without your leg hitting the chair, making you rotate the hip rather than slide it

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Nothing wrong with hip sliding (as long as it's not on the backswing) as it sets a secondary spine tilt away from the target, which is a GOOD thing. However what you are describing is one of 2 things, either you are not getting your left hip out of the way (backwards,... possibly early extension) or your shoulders aren't turning correctly...

take a look at this.....

[video=youtube;ySwyKwsWL0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwyKwsWL0k[/video]

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't know if this is recommended but it's worked for me to give the right feeling of turning more and sliding less.

Put something under the outside of your left (rh golfer) foot. It stops you getting your weight on to the outside of your left foot. The bonus is you can do it on the course with a fallen branch, stone, whatever is lying around.

I still think I slide too much but practising hitting balls like this gives you a feeling to remember.