FB selling!!!!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Put our old pine bedroom furniture on Facebook selling pages for "give away" prices. It's all good quality matching stuff, but we've just upgraded everything and desperately need the space.
Double wardrobe...£40.00
6 drawer chest...£20.00
Two matching bedside tables...£10.00 each or £50.00 the lot.
As I say, it's all good quality heavy stuff, in good condition and an absolute bargain.
Some of the questions I'm being asked would make you laugh.
What do people want for those prices.... Chippendale???
?????

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I have sold some decent stuff on FB marketplace inc a car with a dead engine, but you get some right time wasting muppets on there.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I recently sold a Barker and Stonehouse sideboard on FB. It was 12 years old but in decent nick. The top was a bit rough, so I sanded it down and gave it a coat of Briwax. It looked brand new after that.

From memory, I thought we had paid around £700-£800 for it, so I stuck it on at £150. It sold for that in a couple of days. A few weeks later I was going through some old paperwork and found the original receipt, we actually paid £350 for it :)

If you are struggling to shift yours, then you might be as well to stick it in with your local auctioneers. They should pick it up and I'd be surprised if you didn't get at least the 50 quid you are trying to sell it for.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It works but you get a load of muppets asking dumb questions for sure. Advertise for free and the phone goes haywire!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very hit and miss for me

I have put some of eh better quality gear on eg Taylormade Sim driver and got the asking price (it was a good price for a buyer)

Put some older cheaper clubs at very realistic prices and got some totally derisory offers eg almost unused set of irons (cost £200) asking £50 offered £20.

Good place to sell generally as it takes out the bother of posting or delivering in the main and good place to buy, both of my soundbars were bought via there at very realistic prices.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We have so much stuff to sell but I can’t bring myself to try FB, gumtree or similar. We have a fairly large outside building which effectively turned shed with baby buggies, car seats, balance bike, my old tt bike, furniture from the old place, ...
I just can’t handle dealing with idiots. Rather give it to a charity shop than having stupid conversations about £30 for days on end.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don't even bother now. Golf clubs go on ebay, which also has its share of idiots.

Everything else goes to charity or the tip. Having learnt the hard way. Life is too short to spend time dealing with the morons on Facebook Marketplace.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have so much stuff to sell but I can’t bring myself to try FB, gumtree or similar. We have a fairly large outside building which effectively turned shed with baby buggies, car seats, balance bike, my old tt bike, furniture from the old place, ...
I just can’t handle dealing with idiots. Rather give it to a charity shop than having stupid conversations about £30 for days on end.
Freecycle is your friend. Clear your garage in minutes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No matter what price you put it down to, someone will ask for it cheaper. That was the reason I stuck to Ebay, but you get that on Ebay now as well so it's inescapable.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
You always get the odd idiot saying will you take X for it? Usually x is half the price you want.

“No you flipping cheapskate loser. It’s Y. If you can’t afford it, you can’t buy it”

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I was selling a set of 3 fishing bite alarms one time. Had them up for sale for£60:00 which was dirt cheap. Somebody just sent me a message saying "£40.00".
Effectively told him to do one, he then came back with £50.00.
Again I told him I wasn't interested and then had someone else came back and offered me full asking, which I obviously accepted.
First guy did his nut when he found out, saying that he would have paid that but " you have to try it"....???

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Last year I got into a bit of a spat with a prat. I bought a truss putter which I could not get on with. Anyway I put it on FB. I was losing about £10 on it but anyway. A guy has agreed to buy it and was picking it up the following day. I had a look on his page and he buys and sells putters so I knew he would be selling it on. The following day he messaged me to say he wanted it £15 cheaper otherwise he wasn’t bothered. I contacted someone from Sheffield who said if there is a problem he would deffo have it. I told the original guy no thanks and I had sold it. He kicked off, he had a buyer lined up for it he just wanted to squeeze a bit more outta me.
unfortunately you meet planks and some real nice genuine guys. I sold some FJ golf shoes 2 weeks ago and whilst he was here he had a GG coat off me. I mentioned I was selling my S3 in a couple of weeks and he is having that.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
No matter what price you put it down to, someone will ask for it cheaper. That was the reason I stuck to Ebay, but you get that on Ebay now as well so it's inescapable.
Yup. Tried to give loads of the kids old toys and furniture away for free.
What you end up with are people then wanting you to deliver it for them.