FB selling!!!!!

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have an unspoken agreement witht he wife that I'm in charge of eBay sales and she's in charge of Facebook sales.

eBay was a giant pain in the rear end and had limited success. Facebook sales have been much quicker and easier.

Win-win for me! :D

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Use gumtree if selling. The thing that winds me up isthose people who message asking “Is it still available?” and when you answer “Yes” never respond ?

This is a pet peev for me as well, I will now not respond to anyone who uses the generic responses as I rarely hear anything back.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I put items up at a low starting price & a "make an offer" option. I was once offered £l5 for a shaft I subsequently sold for £75. Due to the number of offers below the starting price I now say, "offers below the asking price will be laughed at & ignored". That does the trick.

Funny how we read things differently, to me "Make an offer" means an offer below the starting price and that's all I've ever done, as often as not the offer is accepted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny how we read things differently, to me "Make an offer" means an offer below the starting price and that's all I've ever done, as often as not the offer is accepted.
On Ebay you can set a minimum offer level anyway. So if you don't want offers below the start price, you just set that threshold the same as the price. If you would consider offers lower than the auction price but you don't want ones that take the mick, you can set it like 10 or 20 below.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s like an unwritten rule to FB selling. ‘Thou must offer much lower than asking price’. Literally EVERYTHING I’ve sold, even if it’s a fiver; ‘will you take £2???’ :LOL:

I remember helping out on our cricket club jumble sale. The "public" were haggling over 10p items..."I'll give you 5p"..."no, the price is 10p".

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Urgh, i am trying to buy my lad a new bike (used)

World has gone mad, I finally found one the right size, model etc. Agreed a price with the fella from Slough (pain in the ass, 45 minute drive). Ask him for the frame serial number so I can check the stolen bike register, and nothing. Radio silence for 24hours...