Favourite golf quotes

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Share your favourites.

Mines from Mr Player:
"you must work very hard to become a natural golfer."

Not the funniest but so very wise and true. People aren't born with perfect swings, they are constructed and honed in

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Also from Gary Player after he holed out from a green-side bunker. A spectator said "That was a lucky shot", to which he replied "Yes it was, but the more I practice, the luckier I get". :)

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
"Because I work very hard, I expect results to follow, and golf doesn’t work like that."

and

"I have never found it easy to accept that no matter how hard you work, or how many thousands of balls you hit in practice, there is no guarantee certificate attached to your efforts."

both from Darren Clarke's book.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lee Trevino's , " there's 2 things in life that will never succeed, dogs that chase cars and golfers that have to chip and putt for pars".

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A bad day on the course is still better than a good day at the office.

That one has got me through some tough times :)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
"You wouldn't have missed that but I would never have given you the chance" Nicklaus to Jacklin in the Ryder Cup

This one has to be among the "Truly great quotes of all time" regardless of the Sport being played. It personifies the best relationship & respect that can occur in head to head competition.
It was the one I was going to share...... well done Homer